RFEA are looking for a highly motivated Regional Employment Advisor for the East of Scotland to support ex forces personnel into employment. Working on behalf of the Ex Forces Employment Programme, the successful applicant will have a track record of providing employment and job finding support. A strong customer focus and an ability to work independently to achieve targets and deadlines is an essential requirement along with strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities. NVQ Level 4 in Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- Assess client needs, using an Outcomes Star and motivational interviewing techniques.
- Make appropriate referrals to other military charities or other organisations for wider needs.
- Maintain the relationship with the client throughout the delivery of support to meet wider needs where appropriate.
- Provide vocational diagnostics and advice to develop an Action Plan. This will be developed using our online employability tools and our understanding of the local employment market informed by the Regional Employment Bulletin and roles on Rightjob.
- Where additional motivational activities would be beneficial, organise participation in programmes such as Future for Heroes and RBLI Lifeworks.
- Identify and subsequently engage with training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet clients’ requirements in accordance with Action Plans.
- Support applications for additional grants as necessary, including Employment Support Grants.
- Where confidence can be developed, or a route to employment created, provide advice and guidance for clients to obtain appropriate work experience placements, or work based training in accordance with their Action Plans.
- Support clients to develop their CVs and prepare for the job application process and interviews.
- Provide job search advice and job-brokerage using Regional Employment Bulletins, knowledge of the local employment market and RightJob .
- As required, provide in-work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Collaborate with other RFEA programmes and partner charities.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely recording of all client and employer/organisational engagement activity.
Salary starts at £26,000 rising to £27,500 upon successful completion of probation. The appointment will be based in Edinburgh and work out of PoppyScotland offices. The applicant must have a right to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
To apply, please submit your CV with a supporting personal statement.
The closing date is 7 March 2020. Interviews will take place during the second week of March 2020 with the successful applicant starting April/May 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.