Finance Operations Supervisor
Salary £35,000 to £40,000, depending on experience plus benefits
Fixed Term - 15 months
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Finance Operations Supervisor to join the Rhodes Trust.
About the Rhodes Trust
The Rhodes Trust is an educational charity which offers Rhodes Scholarships to exceptional students from around the world to come and study at the University of Oxford. Our mission is to build a better world through global fellowship programmes that develop and connect compassionate, innovative, and public-spirited people committed to solving humanity’s challenges.
In recent years, we have also partnered with several other remarkable organisations to create the Mandela Rhodes Foundation, the Atlantic Institute, the Schmidt Science Fellows, and our most recent initiative called RISE.
To learn more about our vision visit The Vision of Rhodes Trust
This role will have overall supervision of financial operations in a busy small team, covering both domestic and international payments, across multiple entities and currencies. We are looking for the successful candidate to start in July 2022 to cover a period of maternity leave.
- Overall supervision of financial operations in a busy small team, covering both domestic and international payments, across multiple entities and currencies;
- Supervision of day to day workload of 2 Finance Assistants;
- Review of UK supplier payment runs and other international and domestic payments, pre authorisation by Finance Director;
- Management of pre-paid Mastercard accounts, corporate credit card accounts;
- Responsibility for Schmidt Science Fellows payments, purchase ledger and expenses reimbursements, including payment of stipends to US based Fellows;
- Credit control monitoring;
- Raising of sales invoices for staff re-charges;
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts, including receipting of income;
- Review of monthly cash flow report, prepared by Finance Assistant;
- Contribution to short- and medium-term cash flow forecasting;
- Support for a transfer of one significant banking relationship, and the introduction of new systems to improve the efficiency of our international payment runs;
- Support for implementation of new expenses management system (June – October implementation);
- Any other reasonable tasks as agreed with the Finance Director;
- Role model the Trust’s organisational values of commitment, inclusion, belonging, growth and innovation.
If you would like to find out more, please click ‘apply’ to view the full job description and to find the link to apply. Please send us your CV and a covering letter. Please note, this advert will close on 30th June 2022 at 17:00 GMT. Due to the current restrictions, initial interviews may be held via Zoom.
The Rhodes Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We warmly welcome applications from talented people of diverse backgrounds and appoint without regard to age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, parental status, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief.