Build on your Charity Career with this Activity based role
This is a part-time role of 3 days per week in a well-established charity based in Twickenham.
This role would really suit someone who wants to have the opportunity to work flexibly and build their career in the Charity sector.
Richmond Carers Centre has the mission to help unpaid and family adult carers to live a full, active and meaningful life by providing them with advice, information, activities, breaks and emotional support either face to face, by phone or by email to enable them to live well.
As the Adult Carers Activities Coordinator, you will directly deliver our leisure break activity programme. You will plan, deliver, promote and review a programme of activities for adult carers, including outreach activities and leisure events, as well as group work to help enhance carers’ health and wellbeing. The core aim of the activity programme is to provide carers with a much-needed break from their caring responsibilities, in a safe and social environment where they can meet other carers and focus on their wellbeing.
You will be someone:
- Who works in a person-centred way.
- Has outstanding organisational skills and plans and budgets well
- Is creative and is an innovative thinker
- Has experience of leading/planning activities across a range of subjects/activities
- Builds relationships both within the team and with external providers
- Communicates well by phone and in person
- Has experience of working with clients who have support needs
Main Duties include:
- To coordinate and deliver an established activities programme for adult carers with the aim to provide them with a break from their caring role.
- To work with relevant professionals to deliver a programme of wellbeing activities, including yoga and Pilates.
- To coordinate the complementary therapy service.
- To recruit, train, support and manage volunteers to provide a selection of the activities.
- To research and continually develop the activities programme to ensure it is responsive to carers needs.
- To create promotional material to promote activities, groups and break opportunities to carers registered with Richmond Carers Centre.
- To work with Adult Carers Support Team Leader to make sure activities are within budget, achieving targets and meeting the requirements of funders.
What you are doing now:
- You might be working for or volunteering in a similar charity
- You may be working in activity planning in the public or private sector
- You may have the skills we need from some other combination of work and volunteering
- Or you may be looking to return to the workforce after a timeout for personal reasons
In any event if you feel you meet the skills we need, we would like to hear from you!
Richmond Carers Centre welcomes and encourages applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Benefits of working for Richmond Carers Centre:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays per year (pro rata)
- Bonus 3 days of annual leave per year over the festive period (subject to Trustee approval)
- Workplace Pension Scheme with Peoples Pension
- Flexible working/option of working from home (subject to CEO approval)
- Equipment and support to be set up to work from home
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Staff away days and socials
- Access to shared resources and training opportunities
- Supportive and friendly working environment
Please apply in writing with a cover letter and stating your current salary to Viv Sage our HR Consultant at Better Talent.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.