Established in 2018, RIFT Social Enterprise is a not-for-profit organisation which provides advice and support to marginalised individuals who are interested in becoming self-employed. These individuals predominantly have a conviction(s) including those who are in prison and due to be released within the next 6 months as well as those already in the community under the supervision of the Probation Service.
Our remote self-employment service acts as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all things self-employment related and includes pre and post-release one to one support and the delivery of business start-up webinars.
Due to growth we are looking for a dynamic, creative, enthusiastic and driven individual who is passionate about helping those who are disadvantaged.
- Salary of up to £40,000 DOE;
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service;
- Holiday purchasing scheme;
- Contributory pension scheme; and
- Passionate colleagues with great team spirit.
About the role
As Business Start-Up Manager you will be having initial telephone or video calls with people whilst they are in prison, advising them of the pros and cons of becoming self-employed and offering tailored advice. You will review the workbooks that they complete and provide written responses to their business plans. Once they are released into the community, you will assist them to overcome any barriers and support them in all aspects of their journey to self-employment.
You will be confident with diagnosing the needs of participants, understanding their challenges, career ambitions, strengths & development areas, and tailoring these to future self-employment roles. You’ll provide mentoring, coaching and will inspire individuals to achieve self-employment related goals.
It will be crucial for you to establish trust, build rapport and create strong relationships with the people you support. Using your strong networking skills, you will need to build a bank of resources that can be utilised when advising clients.
This role demands excellent organisational skills, the ability to effectively time manage and co-ordinate a diary whilst prioritising work demands.
- Previous experience of providing business start-up advice and guidance to people with additional barriers is essential for this role.
- Previous experience of running your own business or being self-employed is preferable.
- You are aware of and understand the specific challenges facing prison leavers.
- Experience of delivery of self-employment/business start-up training courses.
- Ability to build a learner/job seeker's self-confidence, self-esteem and motivation to help them achieve their work-based goals and a lasting employment/career development.
- Able to work independently and self motivate.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong sense of ownership and takes responsibility for outcomes.
- Previous experience of leading a team.
- A qualification or proven experience in coaching/mentoring is desirable.
- IAG Level 3 qualification would be desirable.
- Demonstrates the RIFT Core Values to a high standard: Reliability, Integrity, Friendliness and Tenacity.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a two-page covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for this role.
We’re dedicated to equal opportunities for all and we aim to ensure no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of, or is disadvantaged by, any conditions or requirements that aren’t justifiable, therefore please do let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made ahead of your interview.
RIFT Group is GDPR compliant. Please visit the RIFT Group website's careers page to view our Privacy Statement, which confirms how we collect, process and protect your personal data.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.