Volunteering role: Digital Communications Volunteer
Length of volunteering period: 3 -months to start asap
Location: Working remotely.
Candidates will be shortlisted on a rolling basis, as and when applications are received. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted to arrange a date for an online interview.
ABOUT RIGHT TO PLAY
Right To Play is a global organisation that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, we help children build essential life skills and better futures, while driving social change in their communities.
Right To Play trains local community leaders and teachers as volunteer Coaches to deliver education programmes in 15 countries affected by war, poverty, and disease in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Right To Play promotes the involvement of all children and youth. We believe that the power of play can transform a child’s life. That’s why we are working in the most disadvantaged areas engaging girls, persons with disabilities, children affected by HIV/AIDS, street children, former child combatants and refugees.
Our work is facilitated by approximately 600 international staff, 14,400 volunteer Coaches and 300 Athlete Ambassadors. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has National Offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, and Germany.
This volunteering position will provide an invaluable opportunity to gain essential skills and experience in the key aspects of digital communications – social media, email marketing and website content strategy – for a leading international play-based charity. Professional references will be offered at the end of the placement.
Right To Play UK has a broad range of audiences and communications priorities. From highlighting the positive impact we have in the communities in which we work, to cultivating and stewarding individual and major donors. The role will give an overview of strategic content planning as well as hands-on content production experience.
The Digital Communications Volunteer will be working to support Right To Play UK’s communications work across our portfolio of campaigns and supporter engagement initiatives, working closely with both the UK office and the Global Communications Team.
Our commitment to you
- An opportunity to work for an international development charity and contribute to an engaging communications strategy taking a multi-pronged approach to raising awareness and support for vulnerable children worldwide
- You will be supplied with the necessary induction into Right To Play UK and our place within the global Right To Play organisation.
- We are able to cover your food and beverage expenses at a rate of £5 a day.
- Professional references will be offered on successful completion of the placement.
Your commitment to us
We will ask you to commit to the period of the volunteering agreed and give us advanced notice if any of your circumstances change and affect your ability to complete the 3 months. We will require you to act in a professional manner and to sign a letter of agreement including a confidentially clause.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- To work with Communications colleagues to develop RTP UK’s social media presence, including growing followings by planning and executing targeted editorial content, campaigns and exploring new platforms.
- To produce content for the Right To Play website, including re-writing and enhancing existing content, and producing original pieces as required. For example, growing our fundraising content.
- To produce beautiful and engaging emails for our supporters, including our regular newsletter and specific campaign communications.
- Other projects and activities as requested by the events team or corporate partnerships team
Essential (must have). Desirable (asset).
Experience and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills E
- Knowledge of producing digital content, including for website, email and social media E
- Knowledge and experience of major social media platforms (including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) E
- Experience of analysing and using data to inform strategy and decision making D
- Knowledge of MailChimp (or other email broadcasting software) D
- Knowledge of HTML D
- Experience in fundraising and/or the charity sector D
- Proven track record of being able to conduct thorough research D
- Knowledge and understanding of International Development D
Competencies / personal attributes
- Knowledge of and passion for communications and all things ‘digital’ E
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of working with members of the public, consumers, customers or donors E
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a varied workload E
- Ability to work flexibly & collaboratively in a team with enthusiasm and commitment E
- Excellent attention to detail E
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines E
Other Terms and Conditions:
Office hours: 9AM – 5PM, number of days per week negotiable.
Holidays: Time off to be agreed with line manager.
Equal Opportunities: The Charity is committed to promoting equal opportunities in all aspects of its business, and maximising the potential of all employees and associates through fair and equal treatment. It strives to ensure that all of it policies and practices support these aims and principles and works towards an environment where all employees and associates can develop their potential regardless of disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or family status, trans-gender status, belief or political opinion.