Rights & Security International is a London-based international human rights organisation that promotes respect for rights in the national security context.
As RSI’s Administrative and Finance Assistant, you will support our work by performing a range of administrative duties, such as: processing payroll and other payments, scheduling meetings, assisting with printing and the post, tracking compliance with annual leave policies, and obtaining quotes from service providers. Your role will be vital to the smooth operation of RSI’s work, and you will be a highly valued and respected team member.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Flexible working hours are available. Most work will be remote but occasional travel to our London office is required.
The salary listed here is per annum, pro rata.
You must have a right to work in the United Kingdom and plan to be based here.
RSI is looking for an experienced administrative professional who has:
· At least 12 months of experience in administrative assistance, including basic financial administration.
· Skills in using Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
· Strong time management skills, including a demonstrated ability to work efficiently to short deadlines.
· Strong communication skills, including via email, with a range of different audiences.
· A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
· You must speak and write English fluently.
Other desirable but optional qualifications include:
· A degree, certificate or other qualification in a relevant field. We will consider experienced administrative professionals who do not have one of these things.
· Demonstrated interest in human rights or legal work.
· Experience in proofreading or copyediting.
· Fluency in other languages.
Application details: If you are interested in this position, please submit the following materials:
(1) Your CV
(2) A cover letter explaining your interest in RSI and how you fulfil the person specification – maximum 1 page
By submitting your application, you consent to our processing and retention of your personal data to the extent, and for the time period, necessary to consider the application. We will keep your application on file for no more than six months.
Responsibilities include, among others:
· Processing payroll and other invoice payments.
· Providing information for RSI’s monthly management accounts and locating information for annual accounts and other reports to regulators in the UK.
· Tracking staff members’ compliance with annual leave policies.
· Managing RSI’s email inboxes and processing requests in a timely manner.
· Scheduling meetings.
· When necessary, aiding in the recruitment of staff and consultants, including by conducting interviews.
· Assisting with other administrative and financial tasks as they arise.
This position may occasionally involve legal and factual research, if the successful candidate has prior experience in these areas.
Submit CV and a covering letter of no more than one page. Applications without covering letters will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.