This is a great opportunity for an experienced feminist Fundraising and Communications Manager to set RISE on a new path to independence. We are looking for a new person to join us to grow income from trusts and foundations, to enable us to diversify our fundraising approach, including major donors, legacy giving and securing corporate support and sponsorship. Managing a small team of staff and volunteers, you will also take the lead on communications, marketing, press and media working closely with the CEO.
RISE is a relatively small but highly respected women-centred domestic abuse charity deeply embedded in the Brighton and Hove community with 26 years’ experience. Our vision is ‘Freedom from Abuse and Violence’ and our three main strategic aims are: Excellence, Community Focus, Voice and Leadership (read more here).
The role has clear fundraising priorities, but we are looking for someone willing to lend-a-hand to support our high profile events and able to work well as part of a relatively small staff team. We are hoping to find someone who is a confident feminist leader and an influencer who is as committed and passionate as we are to ending male violence and abuse.
RISE is a relatively small organisation with around 26 staff. We are a busy and (for our size) complex charity, with a friendly team, a positive ethos, and a commitment to ensuring that RISE is a strong and efficient organisation and a great place to work.
The successful candidate will be creative, organised and resourceful, possess excellent cross-discipline communication and income generation skills and have solid experience in running successful awareness-raising campaigns, maximising digital channels and securing press coverage to increase RISE’s reach. The role will oversee both internal and external communications and marketing and report to the Income Generation Sub-Group of the RISE Board.
More information about the role and how to apply is available on the RISE website.
Interviews will take place 13 May 2021.
* This post is only open to female applicants as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
RISE is a Disability Confident employer and actively works on being inclusive. We are keen to diversify our staff team to better reflect our community by encouraging black and minorities and disabled women to apply for this role. We guarantee an interview to all women meeting this description that meet the competencies required.
We need you to bring:
- Fundraising qualification / accreditation – degree level or equivalent management experience.
- Knowledge of violence against women and girls and specifically domestic violence and abuse.
- Media and Communications qualification – degree level or equivalent experience
- Know how to develop and maintain an organisations press profile, build relationships with media partners and key journalists, create content and train and support
- Understand how to develop, maintain and innovate internal and external communication and marketing channels including websites and social media platforms for stewardship, fundraising and communications.
- Exceptional skills and experience in fundraising across all income generation disciplines.
- Excellent networking and relationship management working in a supporter focused environment with evidenced experience of managing high worth individual or corporate donors.
Benefits that we can offer in return:
- 3% employer contribution pension.
- Very generous holiday entitlement of 27 days’ annual leave rising to 29 after 5 years plus bank holidays.
- Employee assisted programme.
- Focus on well-being and balancing flexible working alongside RISE’s priorities.
- Committed to training and learning opportunities for continuous development.
- Trauma Focussed wellbeing support.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.