Domestic Abuse Accommodation Support Worker
Important: this post is restricted to women under schedule 9, Part 1, Equalities Act 2010.
Please note: there is another part time role we are recruiting for within the same team: Young Person’s Domestic Abuse Mentor. Please do apply for both roles if you would like more hours.
Liberty House provides housing and support for up to 5 homeless pregnant young women aged 16-24 who have experienced domestic abuse, supporting them to live independently with their baby.
The successful applicant will be required to take on key-working responsibilities for the residents as well as delivering other support work within the house and within the wider Liberty team, such as relating to pregnancy and parenting, life skills, psychoeducational support, understanding healthy relationships and building supportive peer relationships within the home.
The post holder will work to provide a secure, stable and homely environment and to act as a positive role model to residents. They will build professional and supportive relationships with residents and colleagues.
The project works to empower residents, providing them with information relating to their rights and enabling them to make decisions based on their options using a trauma informed approach.
As a member of the Rising Sun’s Children and Young People’s (CYP) team, the Support Worker will work collaboratively with the rest of the CYP team as well as the wider Rising Sun team to support other programmes delivered within the organisation.
As part of our passionate and committed team of approximately 50 staff, our aspiration is that you will thrive and develop in this varied role. You will be contributing to the invaluable work of the Rising Sun and making a lasting difference to the lives of those who are impacted by domestic abuse.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide holistic, trauma informed, practical and emotional support to residents of Liberty House through regular 1-2-1 sessions. Develop individual support plans, which address any practical and emotional needs the resident may have, such as accessing benefits, life skills and perform risk assessments where needed.
- Organise and deliver group sessions that focus on life skills and strengthening relationships.
- Encourage the residents in positive parenting.
- Manage relationships within the house, act as a conciliator, arbitrator and reconciler in disputes between residents.
- Ensure residents adhere to house rules.
- Assist with the day to day general running of the house and office, to ensure they are fit for purpose and safe for team members and residents.
- Conduct safety checks around the house. Ensure all faults/repairs are reported and that the Health and Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
- Comply with organisational policies and procedures and adhere to confidentiality.
- Work effectively in partnership with other agencies.
- Work within our ethos of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all times and instil these values in all areas of work, with service users, staff and external stakeholders.
- Encourage residents’ participation in service development, continuous improvement and feedback exercises
- Maintain up to date and accurate records and ensure reports and evaluations are completed as required.
- Be willing and available to work some evenings and weekends as required, as part of a rota for Liberty House team members, and also occasionally to support wider team activities such as representing Rising Sun at events (time off in lieu can be taken by arrangement with your line manager).
- Represent Rising Sun at multi-agency meetings as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development, being responsible for personal learning and keeping up to date on research, relevant legislation, policy and practice, and other literature relevant to the role.
- Uphold the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse, and proactively assess the gender specific, trauma informed needs and the safety of children and women to ensure that any risks/needs identified are addressed, having full regard to Rising Sun Safeguarding Children policy and Safeguarding Adults policy.
- Lone working as required.
- Participate in clinical supervision, training and meetings as required.
- Work across teams and undertake such other duties, appropriate to the grade and nature of the work, as may reasonably be expected.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.