Compliance and Risk Manager
You will join us as a Compliance and Risk Manager, where you will support a culture of compliance and risk management across RNIB. The purpose of the role is to support RNIB’s compliance activity, holding colleagues to account in ensuring that statutory compliance requirements are met.
Compliance and Risk Manager Responsibilities:
- Support delivery against RNIB’s organisational objectives on compliance and risk management.
- To monitor and drive forward resolution of control matters picked up by internal and external audit, external assessments and internal review/lessons learned exercises.
- To collate evidence and data on effective compliance management, producing reports for management and the Audit and Risk Committee under the direction of the Head of Compliance, Risk and Assurance.
- To ensure that assessment/dip sampling is carried out within directorates, ensuring effective control on an ongoing basis.
- To monitor and ensure that organisational policies are reviewed in a timely manner with necessary approval and publishing of.
- To support the Head of Compliance, Risk and Assurance in ensuring a culture of compliance across the organisation.
Compliance and Risk Manager Requirements:
- Experience of supporting an organisational compliance framework and reporting across one or more of the following areas; safeguarding, regulated services, fundraising, data protection. Technical expertise of these areas is not essential.
- Experience of supporting a risk management framework across an organisation.
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders in relation to ensuring compliance and effective risk management within an organisation.
- Experience of collating and analysing data and producing reports to management on compliance and risk matters.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Working towards a relevant professional qualification (desirable).
- Experience of working in the not for profit/third sector (desirable).
- People management skills / team working skills
About RNIB Royal National Institute of Blind People:
We’re the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and we’re here for everyone affected by sight loss. Working for us means working for one of the UK’s biggest charities, supporting almost two million people living with sight loss in the UK.
RNIB is committed to being led by our customers (blind and partially sighted people), and one of the ways we do this is through active involvement and engagement in many of our work activities, including the recruitment of new members of staff.
Please be aware that blind and partially sighted volunteers may be involved in the recruitment and selection process for this vacancy; including reviewing job applications and CV’s, shortlisting and interviews and selection tests.
RNIB is committed to being an Equal Opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from people with sight loss.
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
You may have experience of the following: Compliance and Risk Manager, Risk & Compliance Manager, Compliance Manager, Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Senior Compliance Officer, Regulation, Legislation, Data Protection Officer, Data Protection Manager, Charity, NFP, Not For Profit, Social Investment, etc.