Temporary for up to 2 years
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since 1824, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
In 2024 the RNLI reaches its 200th birthday.
There are not many organisations that reach this milestone, let alone ones held so close to the heart of the nations they serve.
And our birthday brings a very special opportunity for our charity to become even more well-known and supported in the future by celebrating, commemorating, and inspiring our supporters and the public with the amazing lifesaving services we provide.
We have an exceptional opportunity to join our Engagement and Heritage team as Business Administration apprentice. You will support the RNLI by learning how to generate the vital supporter engagement, income and support through the delivery of an integrated marketing campaign in order to successfully fund the RNLI plan for the long term. This apprenticeship is a level 3.
This role would be suitable for someone ideally based in and around the Exeter area, and we would consider candidates as far afield as east Devon and west Dorset to support plans for delivery of our 2024 ambitions in the South West, supporting our Lifeboats, Lifeguards and wonderful engagement volunteers. This role is ideally suited those who are self-starters, who are excited and able to travel in their local area and be the ‘face of the 200th anniversary’ for local volunteers to contact.
Some of the benefits
- Salary: Year 1: £15,223; Year 2: £18,500
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
As a Business Admin Apprentice your key responsibilities and learning areas will focus on the following:
- Gain a clear understanding of the campaign management process and how this will be delivered in your Region and RNLI Communities.
- Support and communicate with the fundraising volunteers and the Engagement team on the events and plans in your Region.
- Deliver great experiences and information in a timely, well organised manner.
- Be prepared to be hands on, out and about, meeting with volunteers to listen and engage with them.
- Learn new skills to deliver on specific Bicentenary activities associated with fundraising, marketing, events, and retail.
You will love working with people.
You will be used to working with a diverse and varied group of people, and as such, will be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and enjoys a challenge. You will be comfortable working with lots of different stakeholders whilst being highly organised.
On a day-to-day basis you will be willing to meet, speak and sometimes help lead our volunteers with their plans for various events relating to our 200th birthday. You will speak with passion and excitement about the RNLI, and the lifesaving work it carries out, using this to help coach volunteers, and other stakeholders, in their voluntary roles.
To be considered as the Business Administration Apprentice you will need:
- Essential - 5 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade 5 or above, and 3 A Levels BBC or equivalent.
- Work experience in the voluntary sector, and the confidence to lead groups of volunteers.
- Willingness to learn and develop in your role through distance and face to face learning.
- Ability and willingness to travel in your RNLI Region.
- A clean driving licence and confidence in driving in unfamiliar places.
- Experience of using a variety of digital and social platforms and how to use these as communication tool.
This role is ideally suited those who are self-starters, who are excited and able to travel in their local area and be the ‘face of the 200th anniversary’ for local volunteers to contact.
You will be given the correct equipment you need to perform in your role. You will also receive support from your manager and colleagues to ensure a smooth and consistent induction process is delivered. If you have any queries relating to home or office-based working, please do not hesitate to ask questions at the interview/assessment stage.
Come and join us and start building your career with one of the largest charities that saves lives at sea!
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 5 July 2021.