Home Based within the Norfolk region
Temporary (up to 12 months)
Our vision is to save every one. It may take us a long time to get there, but drowning is preventable, and we believe that even one drowning is one too many. We are all lifesavers. We are all fundraisers. This is our watch.
We’re looking for the best of the best to be part of our RNLI crew in the Norfolk region. This is an exciting new role that is people focused, making sure our engagement volunteers and supporters feel part of the RNLI family, and are appreciated and supported in everything they do. You will be helping us brave the storm and empowering our volunteers in their engagement activities, from raising money, creating visitor experiences, developing our retail offering as well as looking for new audiences and opportunities. This role covers primarily Norfolk.
Some of the benefits
- A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance Health and dental cash plan
As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Being connected to the RNLI community in your area and the primary point of contact for all things engagement (fundraising, retail and visitor experience)
- Empowering volunteer engagement crew to do what they do best, engaging the public, sharing our RNLI vision and growing support for our cause
- Supporting volunteer engagement crew to achieve key income, footfall and contact goals and seeking ways to engage new audiences
- Being part of an amazing regional team, working collaboratively to shape the future of RNLI engagement and provide an outstanding level of care to staff, volunteers and supporters
- A people person, that can interact with a wide number of different volunteers, branches, groups, individuals and businesses, inspiring and empower engagement activity in your area, tackling challenging goals
- Able to work as part of a high performing team, but equally confident working independently, out and about in your area
- Passionate about making a real difference for our volunteers and supporters and growing support for our cause
To be considered as the Community Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience of engaging supporters, volunteers and the general public
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- People leadership experience, ideally in leading volunteers in a collaborative environment
- Experience of seeking out and implementing new opportunities for improved performance
Please note this role requires a significant level of travel within the designated region but will also require occasional travel to other RNLI assets including our regional office in Ipswich and our support centre in Poole.
This post requires a valid driving licence.
For more information and to apply, please visit the RNLI recruitment site.
Closing date: 6 February 2022.