Homebased within South Devon
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since 1824, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We’re looking for a Face-to-Face Manager to join our Individual Giving team. This is a fantastic opportunity within the RNLI to play a vital role in developing and growing the RNLI in-house face-to-face fundraising team. This role will be required to manage a team of face-to-face fundraisers who will sign up regular supporters within a defined geographical area and raise vital long-term funding for the charity. This will include opportunities to work alongside other specialist teams including our volunteer lifeboat crews and lifeguards, playing an integral part in reaching both local and team income targets and contributing towards the wider objectives of the RNLI.
Some of the benefits
- Salary £30,978
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
- A vehicle will be made available to you to perform your role
- Flexible working
As a Face-to-Face Manager, you will be tasked with focus on the following areas;
- Recruit, train and performance manage a team of motivated Face-to-Face Fundraisers
- Manage and develop a portfolio of fundraising locations along the south coast ranging from Plymouth, Devon to West Bay, Dorset as well as the Somerset coast from Minehead to Portishead. This area has a particular emphasis on managing hubs in Dawlish and Kingsbridge
- Measure performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) i.e targets and budget
- Create and execute detailed delivery plans, mitigating for risks and opportunities
- Maintain and develop internal and external stakeholders’ relationships
Working at the frontline of our fundraising activities you’ll have excellent communication skills, people management capabilities, proven track record of working to targets and a passion to manage a team who engage with the beach-going public and event visitors to get their commitment for regular support for the cause.
You’ll be an effective team player with a pragmatic and solution focussed approach to problem solving and a calm approach to a busy workload. You’ll be positive, confident, determined, resilient, with very strong communication skills and naturally outgoing.
You’ll be a self-starter who can lead an energetic and innovative team to success. Able to adhere to codes of conduct, policies and be Fundraising Regulator compliant in all that you do and deliver. You’ll be flexible and prepared to work out of office hours with considerable travel throughout the year, peaking through the summer months. Substantial annual leave during the summer would not be practical for this role.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Proven experience and success in face-to-face fundraising. This will either have been gained working for a charity or a fundraising agency
- Evidence of managing and motivating a team of paid staff or volunteers to achieve goals/targets
- Excellent communication skills and teamworking ethos
- Self-motivation and ability to create and prioritise own workload
- A full, valid driving license
Closing date: 1 March 2020.
Interview dates: 10 or 11 March 2020.
We are an equal opportunities employer.