Flexible work location with the requirement to be in Poole weekly
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our Legacy Marketing Team. Legacy fundraising is undergoing a transformation at the RNLI. For the first time the three teams of Legacy Marketing, Engagement and Administration have been brought together with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and beyond. Legacies account for over two thirds of the RNLI’s annual income today and will continue to be a vital fundraising stream for many years to come. In this role you’ll lead a growing team of fundraisers and be responsible for developing and expanding our legacy pledger recruitment & retention and our In Memory giving programmes.
Some of the benefits
- Flexible working location, with a requirement of working from our Poole office weekly
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cashplan
As a Senior Marketing Manager in the Legacy Team, you will be focused on:
- Planning, development, delivery and evaluation of our marketing programmes aimed at growing our legacy pledger pipelines and our In Memory Giving programme
- Working closely with our Legacy Engagement team to support plans to embed our legacy messaging throughout our community networks
- Developing medium/long term growth plans for your programmes and products
- Maintaining excellent and effective relationships with other internal stakeholders and ensuring that campaign plans are integrated with RNLI activity across multiple departments
- Managing resources through our internal creative and digital teams and working with external agencies and other specialist suppliers
- Ensuring that your team of Managers and Executives are supported, developed and motivated.
As an experienced legacy marketing fundraiser, you’ll be comfortable developing and overseeing the delivery of pledger acquisition and retention programmes and In Memory giving. To be considered for this role you’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience in successfully developing and running integrated multi-channel acquisition and retention programmes for legacy and/or in memory fundraising.
- Strong communication and management skills to engage and influence stakeholders and suppliers
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with a passion to seize opportunities and overcome challenges to deliver an outstanding donor-centric experience for our supporters.
- Ability to work in an organised and structured manner balancing your time appropriately to meet short-term and longer-term goals.
So, if you have a passion for legacy fundraising and are looking to be part of a successful and growing team with ambitions to grow further this could be the role for you.
Please apply via the button shown.
Closing date: 23 August 2020.
Interview date: w/c 7 & 14 September 2020.