Adults living in the most deprived areas of London face injury risks that are 2.9 times higher than in the most affluent areas of London. RoadPeace has been funded by Trust for London to coordinate calls and joint actions, together with victim advocates and transport campaigners, to highlight increased danger as a result of social inequality. You will be responsibe for:
A. Campaign Development
- Creating campaign toolkits, materials and wider campaigns to enable action to be taken locally, Londonwide and where appropriate, nationally, to improve traffic justice, reduce road danger and promote active travel.
- Working with Head of Membership & Fundraising through activities such as petitions, campaigning packs, supporter discussion forum and direct enquiry responses.
- Work with RoadPeace Communications team to ensure effective dissemination to professionals and the wider public, and maximise media coverage in support of our policy goals.
- Representing RoadPeace at suitable events, and ensuring suitable preparations are made for attendance.
- Working with colleagues, lead on developing and delivering relevant focused lobbying and campaigns.
- Coordinating campaign and media training for victim campaigners and survivor advocates.
- Coordinating campaign calls and actions with sustainable transport partners.
- Working with and supporting survivor advocates and partners to campaign on traffic justice, road danger reduction and promote active travel.
B. Influencing and engaging external stakeholders
- In consultation with the Advocacy and Justice Manager develop appropriate policy to further our objectives, and respond to relevant consultations.
- In consultation with the Advocacy and Justice Manager, represent RoadPeace at meetings set up by relevant stakeholders and undertake other influencing activity as appropriate.
- Develop appropriate resources that engage RoadPeace’s network of volunteers and volunteer groups, in support of local action, local, Londonwide and where appropriate national policy change. Provide direct support for these activities, where appropriate.
C: Working towards RoadPeace’s policy and campaign objectives
- Advise on and deliver strategic and practical, cross-organisational policy and campaign support.
- Manage, deliver and monitor a work programme, towards achieving the target policy changes we have identified, including meeting agreed milestones and internal and external project reporting, as required.
- Where relevant identify and prioritise key gaps in our knowledge that will develop our understanding of our policy target areas.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy and Justice Manager to conduct analysis, to ensure that our policy arguments are well backed-up and realistic and carry out monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Justice Manager and others using on the ground experience to develop policy positions and campaign tools.
- Contribute to activity development across the organisation as appropriate.
D. Project management, monitoring and reporting
- Develop a full work programme, based on our agreements with funders and manage relevant projects to ensure we meet agreed outputs and outcomes.
- Monitoring progress against targets.
- Working in partnership with other organisations, and maximise the impact of our activities.
- Other duties which may arise from time to time, as requested by the CEO.
- Promote and implement RoadPeace’s policies, for example on equal opportunities (including among our network of volunteers) to constantly seek to deliver on RoadPeace strategy and ensure that the values of the organisation are upheld.
- Work with the Head of Membership & Fundraising to identify funding opportunities to develop our policy and campaign work.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.