Habinteg Housing Association is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Capital and Treasury Accountant to join their Finance team. Habinteg currently owns and operates around 3,500 homes and employs around 120 staff, with the Finance team operating out of the head office in Holborn, London. Habinteg has growth plans in place, accelerating from the organisation's current development portfolio of circa 15 homes a year up to 85 homes a year. This Capital and Treasury Accountant role is fundamental to that growth.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the key responsibilities of the Capital and Treasury Accountant are to:
- Lead on Habinteg's Treasury management activity, involving liaising with lenders to maintain accurate information about the organisation's banking, cash and £40m loan portfolio
- Ensure the accuracy of information being recorded in the fixed asset register, involving performing depreciations, amortisations, acquisitions and disposals
- Business partner with the Head of Development to certify the accuracy of information regarding various development schemes and ensure that cash flows are prepared appropriately, and cash is available when required
- Business Partner with the Head of Asset Management to certify the accuracy of information regarding stock investment and other capital expenditure
- Assist in the preparation of the 30-year financial plan using cash flow forecasting software.
This position will give the successful candidate the chance not only to join an organisation at the beginning of a period of growth, but to play a crucial part in facilitating that growth. This would be an excellent development opportunity for someone and a truly CV enhancing opportunity. Through working with highly supportive senior managers, you will gain exposure to two key functions of a thriving Housing organisation, creating strong opportunities for long term progression.
The role offers flexible working including the option to work at least one day a week from home. The role can also be offered as a 4 day a week role, so candidates considering part time working are also encouraged to apply.
To be considered, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant, or Qualified By Experience, with specific sector experience coming from Housing, Local Authority, ALMO, or private property development organisations
- Ideally have experience in both Capital and Treasury accounting, but as a minimum, candidates should have strong experience in at least one of these functions within the sectors above
- Have a positive attitude, with a 'can-do' mindset and strong interpersonal skills.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22nd of September. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date, so please apply without delay.