Are you a natural leader who can bring the best out of your staff? Are you looking for the next opportunity to put your stamp on the team and find ways to increase efficiency and efficacy within Finance? Do you want to work for a London-based organisation that values hard work and rewards its staff with a great selection of benefits?
My client is a Housing provider in London that has recently had a shift in senior leadership and therefore a reinvigorated outlook is imminent. The Finance Manager will join at a crucial time and react to the increase need for stability during times of change. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing a small team of three Finance Assistants, managing their day to day workload as well as reviewing their output in areas such as VAT returns, Payroll, Rent transactions, Banking and Reconciliations
- Identifying areas of low efficiency and working towards finding and implementing systems improvements and solutions that help the team work as effectively as possible, ideally eradicating paper-based work and creating automated processes
- Building strong relationships with the Treasury and Development Finance teams to gradually adopt control of the fixed asset register
- Mentoring and supporting junior members of the team in studying for their professional qualifications
- Producing financial statements for review by the Head of Financial Accounting
Given the developments in the sector with the current political climate, this is truly an exciting time to be involved an organisation that is as well run as my client. This is a truly CV enhancing and rewarding role that will undoubtedly lead on to further opportunities as the organisation develops. With a very appealing benefits package on offer, including generous annual leave, flexible working and flexi-time arrangements, this is Finance Manager opportunity is not to be missed.
To be considered for this Finance Manager post, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a fully qualified accountant with a minimum of three years' PQE
- Have a familiarity of the housing sector, either currently or in at least one previous role. Candidates coming from similar sectors such as local authority or charity can be considered if their experience is particularly strong
- Have strong leadership capability, demonstrated by having led successful teams in the past - either in a professional or extra-curricular capacity
Applications are under constant review and the post can close as soon as suitable candidates are found. Please apply immediately, if you meet the above criteria, to submit to your CV for review.