Are you looking for a varied and versatile role where you lead the finance function?
Does working in the finance function for a large and commercially aware not for profit interest you?
Are you looking to take ownership of a multi-faceted finance role where you can develop and grow a small team?
- Overseeing a finance function including managing a small team of junior finance staff
- Leading on all Financial Accounting functions including the year-end accounts and being the first point of contact for all audit enquiries
- Taking responsibility of the internal audit requirements across the organisation throughout different departments to ensure strong and efficient policies are adhered to
- Drive improvements and act as first point of call for system administration including setting up users and continually looking for more efficient ways of working
- Oversee the transactional and payroll functions carried out by junior staff
This organisation is a large and commercially aware not-for-profit who are looking for a strong and technically capable accountant to work in this critical position reporting directly to the Finance Director. With a generous salary of £55k, this role also offers flexible working and opportunities to work from home.
The successful candidate:
- A qualified chartered accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIPFA)
- At least 2-3 years post qualified experience industry experience, specifically on financial accounting
- Strong system knowledge (SUN desirable)
- Management or supervisory experience (desirable)
- Strong excel skills
This is an excellent opportunity either for an experienced Finance Manager with Financial Accounting experience or a Financial Accountant looking for their next step up into a managerial role. With an excellent culture and great work/life balance, this could be the next opportunity for you.
Applicants will be reviewed on a daily basis and the role may close before the deadline so please do not delay in applying.