Are you looking for a senior Finance role leading a sizeable and diverse team? Do you want the opportunity to influence the change programme of a Birmingham based charity? Do you want to be somewhere you can take the leading role in implementing a culture of increasing efficiency?
My client is a charity with close to 1000 employees and locations around the country. With funding coming mostly from on bidding for and winning contracts to deliver their services, Finance is a complex and busy directorate with the team based in Birmingham. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Resources, the Head of Finance's key deliverables include:
- Overseeing a Finance team of 15 in their day to day work, being a true leader with a focus on encouraging the team to become a more widely accessible and engaging resource to the rest of the organisation
- Promoting a culture of change - through modernising daily working practices to being fully "forward looking", increasing efficiency in system use, and improving the quality of reporting available to senior leadership
- Identifying opportunities for systems improvements and implementing new working practices that help the Charity realise its potential
- Leading on the production of year end accounts, being the key contact for auditors and ensuring sound financial policy is adhered to
- Focusing on how each individual can realise their potential to add value from their post in Finance to allow the organisation to move forward progressively.
The Charity affects thousands of lives each year, with the vast majority of service users heavily reliant on its core activity streams. Its users are typically among the most marginalised in society and therefore this role should appeal to those who want to recognise the positive impact of their work.
Furthermore, with recent changes at the Executive and Director levels, this is truly an opportunity to join a modern, forward thinking collaboration and make a huge impact in a well-respected organisation.
The ideal candidate for the Head of Finance role is:
- A fully qualified accountant with the maturity and seniority to be a true leader to a large, diverse and established team
- Experienced in senior Finance roles in the Charitable or Not for Profit sectors (Charity, Housing, Education, Local Authority) in organisations with complex income streams
- Able to demonstrate a successful background in influencing cultural change to create a polished, cohesive and high performing team
Applications are now under constant review. Apply now to be considered!