Would you be interested in working for an international development organisation in a varied and exciting finance role? Robertson Bell are looking for a Project Accountant on behalf of one of the most interesting INGO's based in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join this organisation in a position that will immediately have responsibility for adding value.
Working closely with the International Finance Manager in an integral role within the projects team, you will ensure effective donor reporting processes are in place for their overseas offices. Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting monthly meetings with project managers to ensure project cash flow and deferred income is managed.
- Oversee income and expenditure ensuring compliance inline with restrictions is maintained always.
- Supporting the development of the financial aspects for each proposed project.
- Developing a budget for each project, track financial performance against the budget and identify any risks and issues.
- Submitting complex reports to donors and ensuring project donor audits are conducted.
- Providing financial advice and support to overseas offices.
- Provide support throughout the statutory accounting process.
This position would either suit someone with relevant international NGO and major donor (EU/DFID/BMGF/USAID) experience or candidates with experience in auditing charitable organisations. This organisation has a brilliant reputation for treating employees well and has maintained high staff retention rates over recent years.
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully a qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) or at the later stages of their qualification.
- Have solid excel experience in order to work on multiple spreadsheets.
- Be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Aspire to develop your career within finance.
- Have an interest in international development.
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis however the client is looking for candidates ASAP so please don't hesitate in applying!