Are you the type of person who enjoys taking a leadership role and driving forward the progression of an organisation? Do you seek the freedom to oversee multiple departments and partner with both on and off-site colleagues? Are you looking to take the next step into a renowned and prestigious educational Group? If so, you may be the perfect School Business Manager for this exciting opportunity…
Robertson Bell are delighted to be partnering with a fantastic, London-based educational Group on the recruitment of a permanent School Business Manager. Collaboratively working with the Principal of the organisation and reporting to the Director of Operations, the School Business Manager will be in the driver's seat for one of the organisations and play a major role within the wider Group.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- General oversight regarding all administrative functions via the appropriate line management of pertinent colleagues
- Commanding the economic policies of the organisation, including taking liability for both monthly and quarterly budget monitoring in addition to the annual report
- Governing and conserving the organisation's security, attendance and registration systems as well as managing the organisations admissions procedure alongside senior staff members
- Ensuring that the services, policies or procedures implemented within the organisation accomplish maximum performance efficiency
- Creating and then reporting on organisational targets with senior staff members
- Leading on the inauguration of staff, setting exemplary standards and using personalised assessments to ensure these standards are maintained
- Taking charge of the reconciliation of Group bank accounts, identifying any problems in cash flow and reporting this to the Director of Operations on a weekly basis
- Establishing concurrence with the organisation's regulations for the management of estates, facilities and financial services, advising on necessary alterations to senior personnel
- Captaining all fiscal engagements by certifying transactions and authorising your reporting team to handle the payment of these
- Overseeing the validation/sanctioning of all fiscal engagements before handing these over to the Group finance team for payment, in consonance with the Group's policies
- Protecting Group equity by enforcing policies and procedures designed to combat fraud
This is an excellent opportunity for an educational professional seeking a role with widespread influence to enhance an already well-established organisation to the next level. Successful candidates will benefit from an industry-leading holiday and pension package as well as flexible working and the perfect opportunities for progression into executive posts.
In order to be considered for this role you must:
- Have a demonstrable and proven track record of managing senior staff
- Previously have worked within the education sector
- Be able to utilise a full range of knowledge across multiple faculties including finance, IT and procurement as well as administrative functions as required
- Possess the ability to convincingly and coherently showcase information to stakeholders in both spoken and written capacity,
If this role sounds like it will be of interest to you, please do not hesitate to get in touch using the details below.