Are you a CCAB qualified Accountant with proven experience in a financial accounting role? Could you provide sound oversight and support towards a large organisations annual report and play a key role within the finance structure? Looking for a role which focuses on improving reporting processes and accounting systems? If yes - please read on!
Robertson Bell are proud to be partnering with one of the UKs best know charities to assist them in their search for a new permanent Senior Financial Accountant. Based at one of their offices in Cambridgeshire you would report directly into the Director of Finance whilst managing two direct reports. Main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant will be:
- Provide oversight of the organisations internal financial policies and external statutory reporting.
- Manage the financial control structure, VAT and corporation returns and maintain the organisations risk register.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance, the CFO and key Business Partners within the organisation ensuring collaborative and strong working relationships are maintained.
- Ensure all finance systems are inline with year-end reporting requirements.
- Manage the treasury function and all finance related compliance.
- Act as an approachable member of the finance team and provide advice and guidance on any tax or VAT related queries.
- Implement improvements recognised from external or internal audits.
- Provide analysis of complex items including car leases and investments.
This organisation is known for looking after their employees offering excellent work life balance and maintains an impressively low staff turnover. This permanent Senior Financial Accountant role would suit someone with previous management experience who is confident providing direction, support and training to staff whilst maintaining a hands-on attitude.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a background in management reporting and financial analysis.
- Have sound financial accounts experience.
- Be technically sound.
Previous experience in the charity sector is highly preferred by the Hiring Manager but not necessarily essential.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying.