Do you tire of reading adverts for run of the mill Finance jobs, wishing there could be a bigger project out there for you? How about something completely unique to get your teeth into? Can you see yourself being the leader of a complex acquisition/construction project worth over £100m?
A large property developer is currently in the process of making a £100m acquisition which will ultimately create thousands of new homes; it is the start of a long-term project central to the regeneration of the local area of London. A new post is being created within the Finance team of the parent company to essentially oversee, and be responsible for, the entire project from a Finance perspective. Key responsibilities will evolve over time and be shaped by the appointed candidate, but the overview of responsiblities for the Senior Project Accountant would include:
- Being the Finance figurehead for integrating the new development into the Group
- Business Partnering with Directors and Senior Managers in the Development function, ensuring that the project lifecycle remains on course
- Building a team within the parent company as time goes on to deal with the increased demand on Finance
- Conducting investment appraisals and reappraising the project at every stage; performing financial modelling and stress testing of various scenarios to inform a robust strategic business plan
- Performing due diligence on the acquisition, ensuring that everything from a compliance and tax perspective is compliant with all necessary regulations and protocols.
If you're looking for a non-traditional Finance position with the opportunity to oversee a major project that will put thousands of people into homes and be a key hub in the redevelopment of a part of London, then this could be the role for you. The employer is well respected and has excellent staff satisfaction; the benefits package is excellent, and you would join a highly skilled team all working towards a common purpose, based in an easily accessible office in the heart of London.
This is a highly complex position and would suit someone with a very specific set of skills and experience. Those who come from an audit background who have then gone on to deal with complex acquisitions or mergers, group consolidations and/or joint ventures may find that this is the senior Finance role they have been looking for.
While there may be many candidates with an interest in this position, essential criteria include:
- A full, recognised accountancy qualification. Those who qualified in audit who have experience in roles requiring complex financial appraisal and financial modelling, complex transaction planning and long-term business planning - within sectors relating to Housing, Property, Development or Construction will be seen highly favourably.
- First class communication skills with the credibility to be the point of contact for a multi-million-pound contract
- Being capable of taking on a senior leadership role and building a high functioning team as the project progresses.
This is a newly created role and preparations are being made to resort to video interviewing to allow recruitment to proceed during the coronavirus outbreak. The client is well geared to remote working and interviewing and therefore this process will not slow down due to the increased demand to work from home - if this role appears to be of interest, please apply now to kickstart an informal chat.