Crimestoppers are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Director of Finance on a permanent, four day a week basis. Crimestoppers is an independent charity that gives people the power to speak up and stop crime – 100% anonymously. We believe that everyone has the right to feel safe from crime. Whoever you are, wherever you live, from communities to companies.
Due to the current Director of Finance retiring, Crimestoppers are now seeking an excellent Director of Finance who will have full responsibility for oversight and delivery of the financial function of the Crimestoppers Trust charity, with an annual turnover of £6M. The Director of Finance will play an important strategic role for the charity in shaping the development of financial strategy and providing knowledge and support to the CEO and the Trustee Board.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the Finance Team (4 people) and HR Team (4 people). With lead responsibility for the following areas: finance (including reports and returns), HR, risk, legal (contracts), governance (policies/meetings), and GDPR.
- Oversee the delivery of the Finance function including preparation of all required reports and returns so that financial information is communicated clearly to all. (The Head of Finance is in place to do much of the day-to-day activity).
- Oversee the delivery of the HR function including compliance with all legal obligations and support on critical matters. (Head of HR is in place to do much of the day-to-day activity).
- Lead on specific areas of charity risk, especially reputational, contributing to all risk management at the charity.
- Key person responsible for all matters legal, especially pertaining to contracts with clients, both statutory and commercial.
- Lead on governance, including preparation of papers for bi-annual Trustee Governance Committee meetings.
- Lead on charity policies ensuring all regulatory and statutory requirements are met.
- Be lead director with responsibility for GDPR (acting as Data Protection Officer (DPO)), and as such support our information security systems and processes.
- Confidant to CEO on cross-cutting topics that require holistic oversight.
- Act in the role of Company Secretary.
We’re an independent charity that has been around since 1988 and we give you the power to speak up to stop crime, 100% anonymously. Whoever you are, wherever you live, from communities to companies. By phone and online, 24/7, 365 days a year.
We're proud of our history. We've listened to millions of people over the years; our international appeals have resulted in over 140,000 arrests. When people contact us, positive things happen: we create a way for people to protect their families, friends and communities, anonymously.
The successful candidate will have a CCAB recognised accountancy qualification and will previously have held a number one role in finance. This role requires full ownership of policy, risk and governance therefore experience in these three areas is essential. Demonstrable experience and knowledge of overseeing HR is highly desirable alongside experience of preparing accounts in line with charity SORP.
To apply candidates must have excellent communication skills, strong leadership experience and with the ability to be solutions focused.
Please note this role will be offered on a four day a week basis.
Crimestoppers head office is based in Wallington, however home working can be considered once a week.
The closing date for applications is 22nd August 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!