Internews are exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit their Finance Coordinator role on a permanent basis.
Following a recent period of rapid growth and expansion, Internews are now looking to recruit this key role.
The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of tasks across team including ensuring smooth operations between Internews Europe and its Related parties. The role will support both Corporate and Project finance tasks, as well as assume responsibility for key areas of Corporate reporting.
Internews is an international non-profit organisation whose mission is to empower local information providers worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
Internews provides communities the resources to produce local news and information with integrity and independence. With global expertise and reach, Internews trains both media professionals and citizen journalists, supports business development strategies for the sector and helps establish policies needed for open access to information. Internews programmes create platforms for dialogue and enable informed debate, which bring about social and economic progress.
Internews’ commitment to research and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs, even in the most challenging environments. Internews operates internationally, with administrative centres in Arcata, California; Washington DC; and London, UK; as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi.
Formed in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 90 countries, and currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
Our commitment to a culture of belonging
Internews is passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, the self-taught, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and actively welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Monthly review of financial records, ensuring the completeness of records and reconciled balances:
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Partner/Sub-grantee reconciliations
- Regular Balance sheet reconciliations
- Supervision and management of organisational timesheets.
- Oversight for Internews Europe’s key financial relationships with its sister companies, including preparing monthly reconciliations and allocations, providing financial accounting support and regularly liaising with key stakeholders to manage relationships.
- Work closely with the Audit Manager to provide support in funder audits as required.
- Provide efficient delivery and support of periodical assignments such as annual budgeting, cashflow reporting and year-end statutory tasks.
- Provide invaluable support in the creation of new policies.
- Play a significant role in supporting the migration from Quick Books to Unit 4 ERP.
The successful candidate will have:
- Made significant progress on working towards a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA).
- A minimum of five years’ experience of working in a fast-paced finance department.
- Strong experience preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ideally, previous experience working within an NGO. However, candidates without this are still strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience assisting on management and/or financial accounts.
- Good Excel skills, including vlookups, SUMIFS and Pivot Tables.
- Proven experience in working across diverse teams and multi-cultural environments.
- Good understanding of other Microsoft Windows applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
CVs are being reviewed on a daily basis with first stage screening interviews commencing as early as 14th January. Please submit your application ASAP with our exclusive agent Robertson Bell to avoid disappointment.