The Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research are exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit a Finance Manager to join their growing and developing organisation. As a long-established and successful small charity, this is an excellent opportunity to work in a varied and multi-faceted finance function.
About The Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research
Based in Hammersmith, the Trust provides sustainable, long-term funding of medical research into rheumatic and other inflammatory diseases and has been doing so for over 50 years in association with The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology at the University of Oxford. They are now in a position to grow the team and therefore are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager during this exciting period.
The Finance Manager is a part-time position (2.5/3 days a week) and reports directly to the CEO. They will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining an effective finance function for the CEO, investment managers and the finance committee
- Producing annual budgets and monthly management accounting including all cash flow reporting to communicate relevant and accurate information across the Trust
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts, liaising with auditors and implementing audit findings to improve the finance function.
- Maintaining all transactional functions of the Trust including liaising with outsourced payroll provider and weekly payment runs
- Liaising with Investment Managers and Finance Committee to present on relevant reporting
- Overseeing all governance policies, ensuring they are kept up to date and that the Trust meets all regulatory requirements
- Act as Company Secretary for The Kennedy Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and confident accountant to take ownership of the finance function. The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in working independently in a finance function
- Ideally have experience of working in a charitable organisation
- Be a confident communicator and able to work positively with senior stakeholders
- Ideally have experience of working with investment managers
- Be ambitious and take initiative to provide positive ideas in order to improve finance functions
- Preferably be a part-qualified or fully qualified accountant
This part-time role offers excellent flexible working opportunities across 2.5 or 3 days, depending on candidate’s preference. There is opportunity to work one day from home and some flexibility around how the working hours are spread across the week. Other additional benefits are a 10% employer contribution pension an exciting and varied workload as well as a positive and friendly culture.
This role is being exclusively handled by Robertson Bell on behalf of The Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research. Please apply now or contact Imogen at Robertson Bell directly for more details.
The Finance Manager vacancy will close on 30th September and applications will be reviewed daily so do not delay in applying.