Are you seeking a broad and dynamic finance role within an evolving organisation? Do you enjoy business partnering and having a direct impact on key decisions made by senior management? Have you previously worked in the public sector? Would you describe yourself as having first class communication skills? If yes, this could be the job for you!
Robertson Bell are proud to be partnering with a unique and interesting organisation that sits at the heart of lifechanging medical research whilst they recruit for a permanent Finance Manager. This role reports into the Head of Finance and will be responsible for one Accounts Assistant whilst carrying out a broad range of finance tasks. Duties will include:
- Provide support, advice and training to key stakeholders and members of the senior management team to enable them to make key financial decisions.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance as and when necessary.
- Work closely with a range of directorates to ensure resources are utilised effectively whilst maintaining focus on meeting all strategic objectives.
- Carry out detailed analysis, prepare vital management reports and provide budgeting advice.
- Manage all internal financial controls and compliance inline with relevant statutory accounting standards.
- Manage the draft year end accounts working closely with the Director and Head of Finance.
- Act as the main point of contact for both internal and external auditors.
- Monitor and ensure Grant claims are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare management accounts and represent the finance team at audit and committee meetings.
This is a great opportunity for candidates who already have financial management experience and are now looking for a role focused on business partnering. The organisation can fully support remote working for the time being but eventually this role will be based at their new east London office.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have previously worked in the public sector.
- Have strong leadership capabilities.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have experience using ERP systems.
- Have previous experience in a business partnering role.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewed daily.