£37,300 - £40,248 + accountancy allowance up to £5,000 (fully qualified)
The Government Property Agency’s mission is to provide great places to work for civil servants. We are using our scale and commercial expertise to do this effectively, efficiently and sustainably, helping to support growth in all parts of the UK. We are growing rapidly through acquisition of Government properties from Departments. Turnover has risen from £0.4bn in 20/21 to £1.1bn in 21/22 and it will continue to grow as more properties are transferred and run by GPA. The postholder can be based at any of the GPA locations with Finance presence outside London. GPA has offices in Birmingham, 23 Stephenson Street, Leeds, The Lateral; Manchester, Piccadilly Gate; Nottingham, Apex Court: Newport, Wales.
Creating a first class finance function at the heart of decision making is a key priority of our transformation programme. The finance team will provide robust financial reporting and control alongside outstanding commercial business finance advice.
The Finance Operations Manager supports the delivery of high-quality accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management services to a rapidly expanding property business. The post holder will also support the development and implementation of strategies, policies and processes governing financial transactions; ensuring they remain fit for purpose and meet GPA needs as it grows exponentially, making best use of technologies to drive continuous improvement. The role requires the post holder to lead a team of three and collaborate with a commercial partner to manage risks to customer service excellence.
The responsibilities of the Finance Operations Manager will include:
- Manage the delivery of end to end financial transaction processes including performance reports and developing a deserved reputation for excellent customer service
- Support the development and implementation of a long-term strategy for accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management which facilitates self-service supported by technology
- Provide business guidance to support the efficient processing of financial transactions across the GPA
- Oversee the performance of outsourced finance service provider
- Support continuous process efficiencies and improvements across the function, delivering maximum value for the GPA and ensuring robust controls are in place
- Build relationships with key staff across Finance and the business in order to maintain effectiveness and relevance during change
Key Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge and experience of finance operations (accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management)
- Experience of working in property or estates (desirable)
- Experience of working in a working in a rapidly growing organisation (desirable)
- Experience of collaborating with outsourced commercial partners
- Communicate complex matters to a non-financial audience
- Ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with stakeholders across government organisations
- Ability to recognise problems and identify efficient and effective solutions
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.