Hand in Hand International is exclusively partnering with Robertson Bell to recruit a Financial Accountant to support its fundraising and programme management operations on a permanent, full-time basis. Hand in Hand fights poverty with grassroots entrepreneurship and our long-term goal is to eradicate poverty in the communities where we work.
This Financial Accountant role will play an important part in ensuring that Hand in Hand International’s funds are used effectively to achieve its mission, contributing to our long-term success. Your key focus will be managing the day-to-day accounts, month end processes, and preparation of annual financial accounts for the organisation.
If you are passionate about women’s economic empowerment and have sector experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Since 2003, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, we’ve helped 3 million women launch small businesses that can stand the test of time. Some are smallholder farmers learning to stand up to climate change. Some are refugees starting a new life after running from conflict. Others are young women and girls with few opportunities starting to dream – and plan – for the future.
Our model, help to self-help, puts people’s destinies in their own hands. Hand in Hand we can help women beat the odds and succeed as entrepreneurs. The money they earn and the confidence they gain changes everything. Whole families and communities rise with them.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Taking the lead in the preparation of annual financial accounts and managing the annual audit process
- Maintaining financial records and leading the production of the monthly management accounts
- Supporting the Head of Finance & Compliance and the senior leadership team with timely financial information and annual budget setting
- Managing monthly payroll, including NI and pension contributions
- Paying invoices and regular transfers to overseas charity partners
- Setting up and running an invoicing system for donations and grants
- Liaising with international teams to boost financial understanding, providing mini training sessions as required
- Reviewing overseas charity partners’ annual accounts to ensure compliance
- Ensuring Gift Aid is claimed wherever possible
- Drafting project budgets for select proposals, managing budget revisions and funder finance reports
- Duties may vary from time to time as we are a small team in an entrepreneurial environment
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally fully qualified as an accountancy professional (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.)
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of SORP accounting
- Experience of preparing accounts under the charities SORP
- Experience of QuickBooks accounting and Sage payroll software
- Experience working in the non-profit sector
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail, with good analytical and problem-solving skills
This position will be based in our office in Baker Street three days a week and working from home two days a week. We will continue to follow government guidance on Covid-19 and ensure that health and safety is a priority.
We believe diversity drives innovation and excellence and welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 10th October, with first stage interviews taking place the week commencing 18th October. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell ASAP to avoid disappointment!