Robertson Bell are proud to be partnering with an inspirational and well established international charity whilst they recruit for a new and permanent Financial Controller. Due to COVID- 19 this charity has recently secured a significant increase in funding and its services are now needed across the world more than ever before. This is a varied position and will report straight into the Director of Finance.
The key responsibilities will be:
* Oversee and lead on the implementation of a new system.
* Work closely with overseas finance representatives providing sound support and advice at all times.
* Ensure regular reports are submitted, including all relevant management information and donor reports.
* Assist with the drafting of statutory financial statements, annual returns and liaise with auditors.
* Lead on business partnering across the organisation ensuring finance is seen as an approachable department.
* Review funding proposals and liaise with major Donors.
* Act as the main point of contact for any VAT or taxation queries.
* Prepare monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts.
* Monitor and implement general statutory requirements.
* Assess suitability and effectiveness of financial controls.
This is an exciting time to join a growing organisation and is a brilliant opportunity for someone to progress their career within the international development sector. To be considered candidates must have prior experience of the charity sector whether in industry or practice and must be qualified. This role will be based in their central London office.
The successful candidate will:
* Be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA preferred).
* Have charity experience (ideally within international development).
* Have a strong knowledge of statutory and regulatory environment for UK charities.
* Have strong analysis and report-writing skills
* Have excellent communication skills.
* Have strong system skills.
Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application now to be considered!