The BBRS is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Finance on a part-time, permanent basis. The BBRS is establishing an industry funded dispute resolution service to resolve historic and future disputes between Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and participating providers of banking services. It will do this in a transparent, timely and accessible manner and without the need for litigation. It is currently running a Live Pilot in order to finalise its policies in readiness for Go-Live operation.
Background of the role
As the Head of Finance you will be responsible for delivering the organisation's financial strategy in alignment with the overall mission of the BBRS whilst ensuring an environment of tight financial control. You will take full responsibility for the finance function and will report to the Director of Operations; however you will have an important direct relationship with the Chief Executive Officer to whom you will also provide advice on all key financial issues. The outsourced accounting and payroll service providers will report directly to you. This role may be performed on a part-time basis or alongside another job task(s) or role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy, preparation and controlling of the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Scenario modelling based on key assumptions and cashflow forecasts to assist with decision making
- Implementing and integrating new scheme agreements with participating member banks into the financial structures and reporting systems
- Ensuring effective development, implementation and evaluation of financial policies and procedures including controls over expenditure
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes
- Attending management committee and Board meetings, producing and presenting papers where applicable
- Providing relevant information to management to assist with decision making
- Providing effective management of the funding contracts with the existing and new member banks, including the management of exit mechanisms
- Liaising and effectively communicating with banks, suppliers and other key stakeholder groups
- Building and maintaining good working relationships, collaborating with a wide range of people to progress financial strategy
- Working with outsourced accounting and payroll service providers, providing day to day oversight
This part-time role comes with a highly competitive salary alongside other generous employee benefits and is based at the BBRS central London offices near Chancery Lane and Blackfriars Tube stations. This position will best suit someone with strong strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills and exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Post qualification experience in a financial leadership role
- Sound knowledge of relevant legal, contractual and funding issues
- Compliance oriented
- Experience of working with outsourced finance providers desirable but not essential
- Experience working with complex stakeholders
It is anticipated that the BBRS will operate for around three years. More information on The BBRS can be found at:
BBRS are guided by the commitment to do and be seen to do what is right, fair, and reasonable at all times.
The closing date for applications is 10th June with first stage interviews taking place on the 17th June. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!