Wood Green are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Head of Finance on a permanent, full time basis. We are proud to be the pet charity that makes a difference to the lives of pets and people across the UK. Our vision is for every pet to have a home where they are loved, well cared for and enjoy positive relationships with their owners. To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
We are a dynamic organisation with ambitions to increase our impact even further. These ambitions are supported by an exciting fundraising strategy and solid financial foundations.
To help us grow, we are now seeking an excellent Head of Finance who will report to the Director of Corporate Services and lead on all aspects of financial management for both the charity and its trading company. This includes providing an effective financial accounting service and a first-rate finance business partnering service.
The key responsibilities will be:
- To support the development and implementation of the Charity’s financial strategy.
- To lead on the production of the Charity’s annual budget and five-year financial plan.
- To ensure the Charity has appropriate financial controls to manage and mitigate financial risk and that these are implemented across all areas of the Charity, including fundraising, retail, and operations.
- Provide regular information to the Senior Leadership Team and Heads of Department to enable them to make informed decisions and be kept abreast of the performance of the Charity.
- To ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly management and departmental accounts including completion of Balance Sheet schedules and control accounts (including payroll) and the maintenance of budget and forecast data.
- To ensure the Charity adheres to all current and future financial legislation and best practice and that these are followed across the whole organisation.
- To lead on all aspects of the Charity’s short-term and long-term treasury requirements including cashflow forecasting.
- To lead on the preparation of the statutory accounts for the charity and trading company in accordance with the Charity SORP and the Companies Act.
- The Head of Finance has two direct reports and four indirect reports.
Wood Green educate, advise and support pet owners so they can enjoy a mutually rewarding and happy relationship with their pets. And through our top-class facilities, welfare-friendly handling and years of experience we deliver the best quality care for every animal who needs us.
Our mission is to care for vulnerable pets. We are committed to providing our pets with outstanding care and secure and loving homes and supporting pet owners and the wider community to build rewarding relationships with pets.
The successful candidate will have a CCAB recognised accountancy qualification and must have experience working in the charity sector. Demonstrable experience of providing strategic leadership within a finance function and experience of assessing financial risks and implementing relevant controls to mitigate them is also vital.
In order to apply candidates must have extensive experience leading on the production of budgets, forecasts, management accounts, and statutory charity accounts.
Wood Greens head office is based in Godmanchester (near Huntingdon), however substantial home working can be considered.
The closing date for applications is 14th March 2021. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!