Robertson Bell are proud to be working in partnership with UK Export Finance (UKEF) to recruit their Head of Internal Audit.
UKEF are the UK's export credit agency (ECA) and a government department with a mission to ensure that no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance from the private sector, while operating at no net cost to the taxpayer. In 2018-19, UKEF provided £6.8 billion of support to help 262 exporters sell to 72 countries - exports that supported an estimated 47,000 jobs. In the last five years, UKEF has provided a total of £17 billion worth of support for exports.
Reporting to the Chief Executive (UKEF's Accounting Officer) and independently to the Audit Committee (AC) the key responsibilities include:
- Providing the Accounting Officer and Audit Committee with reliable, evidence based, independent opinions on risk management, control and governance
- Developing an annual risk-based audit program using input from the strategic and operational plans, operational risk register, UKEF Accounting Officer, Audit Committee, UKEF Senior Management and UKEF Internal Audit team
- Meeting with the AC members, Accounting Officer, Directors and Managers to discuss ongoing assurance, audit opinions and progress against planned actions determined as a result of the audit work
- Ensuring the completion of audit assignments to provide independent, objective assurance and an opinion on the effectiveness of the UKEF governance framework
- Managing and overseeing a strong team of four through performance planning, coaching and appraisals
This will cover financial, operational and information systems audits while working to board level and managing relationships between internal departments. There are lots of exciting projects and change initiatives happening in the business which offers the right individual an opportunity to have a high business impact. UKEF work across industrial sectors, including infrastructure, defence, aerospace and energy.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified CMIIA, CCAB or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA) professional with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills, with a strong commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with other teams. Considerable experience in Internal Audit with experience at a senior level across complex organisations, preferably with some experience in the financial services, trade or banking sectors is advantageous, with a focus on adding value to the organisation.