St Pauls Cathedral is partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit to a part time Entity Accountant on a permanent basis. St Pauls Cathedral is a world-renowned landmark and probably one of the most recognisable sights on the London skyline. Following a recent restructure St Pauls are now looking to recruit this key role.
St Paul’s boasts a very diverse environment. Normally welcoming over one million worshippers and visitors a year, this institution also has a shop, hosts corporate and adult learning events as well as engaging with schools and families. Reporting into the Financial Controller this part time Entity Accountant will be responsible for Associated Entities, Fundraising and Project Support.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Provide the vital link between the Fundraising and Projects teams, carefully tracking funding received over several entities and then ensuring that this is reflected in the project plans.
- Provide insightful financial reports and in-depth analysis to enable high-quality decision-making.
- Financial and management accounting for the Cathedral’s associated organisations: Enterprises, Friends, Foundation, COLET, Garfield Weston.
- Working with the Fundraising team to manage and report on cash received and translating this information to inform project planning and management.
- Ensuring that we are working to a strong control framework with clearly identified and linked processes, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Working with the Financial Controller and the wider team to ensure that all information is delivered is timely and accurate manner – managing towards a clear month and year end timetable.
Having opened in 1708 some traditions and ways of working have been in place for hundreds of years; the role of the finance team is to cherish the good but introduce new ways of working. Now the focus is to encourage internal customers to use systems and consistent processes so that they are as efficient and effective as possible.
The Cathedral is fully embracing working from home and now need to ensure that processes are fit for that purpose.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be qualified (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) or part qualified with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Have a strong knowledge of charity SORP accounting;
- Have demonstrable ability to prepare statutory accounts including accounting for investments and manage the audit process
- Have excellent excel and system skills as well as strong analytical skills
- Be an excellent communicator with a positive, can do attitude. Highly perceptive with good inter-personal skills in order to liaise and gain the buy in of colleagues across the Cathedral, including Trustees and external partners
- Have confidence to put forward new ideas to improve existing processes
Desirable criteria includes:
- An understanding of partial recovery for VAT and corporation tax
- An understanding of Gift Aid
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions and MS Access
This opportunity will be based at offices on site at the Cathedral.
The closing date for applications is 30th August with interviews taking place the week commencing 7th September. Applications will be under constant review before the closing date so please submit your application to our retained search agent Robertson Bell. Apply now to be considered!