The Community and Crisis Services Manager is a brand-new role at Rochdale and District Mind, overseeing out of hours crisis services, such as the Listening Lounge, as well as community outreach roles within Heywood, Middleton, Rochdale and Bury.
The ideal candidate will have the enthusiasm and motivation for setting up new projects, alongside strong networking, and partnership building skills. This role will involve working on projects from the ground up and the right candidate will have the opportunity to make the job their own. The CCS Manager will be a good role model, able to help develop and mould staff members and the services they are responsible for.
- Leading the Community and Crisis Services and being responsible for service outcomes and collating project data.
- Scoping out new activities and pathways for specific issues (e.g. Anxiety, Depression, risk taking behaviours) and leading the implementation/development of new projects.
- Leading in the design and delivery of all Community and Crisis Services, actively promoting these and ensuring engagement with service users.
- Spotting gaps in provision and identifying new ways of working, to support those who fall through the gaps and developing interventions to plug this.
- Promoting the empowerment of people who experience mental health and emotional wellbeing issues and helping them to speak out.
Closing date for applications day 16th February 2022 at Midnight.
Shortlisting 17th February 2022.
Interviews to be held 22nd / 23rd February 2022.
Start Date 1st April 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.