Job Description: Extension Programme Manager
If this is you, we would love to chat:
You are a people-connector with a passion for social change and creating opportunity for youth. You believe in the power of music and the limitless potential of youth. You’re super organised and know how to put a plan into action. You’re confident meeting new people from all walks of life and building rapport from the get-go. You love thinking both creatively and analytically to solve problems and design smart solutions.
You should be curious about and reading anything you can on:
● Youth-focused programmes aimed at promoting social mobility and tackling youth unemployment
● Non-traditional career paths. E.g. apprenticeships, traineeships, or hustling your way up in an industry
● Educational and social mobility disparity based on income band, geography and ethnic background
● Music for social change
● Business for social good
As of today in the UK, if you are under 25 and Black you are 3x as likely to be unemployed than if you are White. Or if you are under 25 and Asian you are 2x as likely to be unemployed than if you are White. This keeps us up at night. We are committed to democratising access to the world of work.
Apprentice Nation is a pro-social brand platform that uses music and celebrity to inspire and engage young people, particularly those who are historically underrepresented, to get career ready and build core skills for life and work. We’ve worked with top UK artists such as Tinie, Ghetts, Ms Banks, Ray BLK, IAMDDB, Krept & Konan, and Young T & Bugsey - to deliver the message and reach young people UK-wide.
Using music, gigs and live and on-demand learning content we promote apprenticeships and other accessible career routes. We are not an apprenticeship provider, but rather a place young people come to discover support, tools, advice, entertainment, artists, inspiration, opportunities and fun. We help show our members that there is a ladder to their careers, and then how to get on and use that ladder.
Apprentice Nation is produced by RockCorps and Multiverse.
Apprentice Nation’s Extension Programme is where participants build on the skills and inspiration that they have gained in the Skills Hub and at Apprentice Nation events. As Extension Programme Manager, there are three main elements that you will lead on: Mentor Sessions, the Youth Advisors Network, and Go Far. Beyond these three main areas, you will work collaboratively, both within the AN team and in collaboration with AN partners, to generate new ways to connect young people with opportunities in industry.
Through these activities, you will remain in close touch with the Apprentice Nation community, supporting participants to shape great futures, whatever stage in their career they are at. You’ll wear many hats in this role - planning, facilitating, mentoring, collaborating, creating. You’ll build great relationships with a roster of over 80 inspiring mentors, with the teams at partner organisations (current and prospective), and with members of the AN community themselves. You’ll also work across the Apprentice Nation team, in
particular, with Curriculum, Marketing, PR and Partnerships, and Business Development, to join up with Extension. You’ll refine and scale the Extension Programme as the Apprentice Nation community grows over the coming years.
● Coordinate online mentor sessions, aiding the matching of participants with mentors, briefing mentors, facilitating the sessions, tech, scheduling etc., and maintaining positive relationships with a growing list of mentors.
● Lead the GO FAR section of the Apprentice Nation platform, scouting for the best opportunities and organisations out there, building relationships with key players, and providing clear and bespoke pathways for participants to progress once they have completed the programme.
● Lead and facilitate the Youth Advisors Network, conducting group workshops and regular surveys with Youth Advisors to track their experiences and progress over 12 months, and recruiting a new group of Youth Advisors each Apprentice Nation season.
● Work closely with Apprentice Nation participants to provide 1:1 support navigating the start of their careers, by providing bespoke advice on where to find the right resources and opportunities.
● Build and maintain relationships with Apprentice Nation brand partners, facilitating active employee engagement across the Apprentice Nation platform.
● Build collaborative relationships with organisations (e.g. Not Going To Uni, Creative Lives in Progress, local Career Hubs) and engage businesses in supporting young people as they begin their careers.
● Maintain Apprentice Nation’s Safeguarding policy and practice - and take part in relevant training to support this.
● Design and implement regular member surveys to track the impact of Apprentice Nation, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, in line with quarterly reporting to brand partners
● Work closely with the Marketing team to engage participants in Go Far and Mentor Session opportunities.
Skills & Experience:
● Proven experience planning and implementing scalable programmes and processes
● Creative and detailed: Excellent attention to detail and emphasis on high quality work. Experience creating high quality, accessible, and visually attractive resources
● Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations
● Strives for continuous improvement by seeking and sharing feedback appropriately and respectfully. Constantly self-improving with a natural drive and ambition
● Learns from their mistakes and always commits to performing at their best
● Be able to work flexible hours and days; including occasional evenings and weekends
● Have a great attitude, be a team player and be a self-starter
● Possess flexibility and able to manage multiple tasks, under deadlines
● Have a love of music and sense of humour
● A stable, high-speed internet connection is a must
● Have an Enhanced DBS or willing to obtain one
- Salary: Compensation based on relevant experience, ranging from £30,000 - £35,000
- Employer 5% pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Liberal maternity/paternity policy*
- Generous holidays: 5 weeks; including two weeks at Christmas/New Years - Support to pursue training, mentoring and coaching; annual learning and development budget of £300
- 3 Paid days off annually for volunteering
- Paid spotify premium subscription
*Tiered benefit based on years of service
We are working remotely for the time being, so a stable, high-speed internet connection is a must, but will move to a hybrid set up soon. Office based in Camden, London. For the right candidate, we will work with you on geography – you can be anywhere (UK that is).
Diversity. Inclusion. Belonging. Respect. Our values. These are the principles we use to build our team. We have a national, multicultural following and we’re committed to reflecting that within our team and culture.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.