This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Fundraiser to work for a not-for-profit organisation.
The Northampton Roman Catholic Diocesan Trust is a registered charity (234091) and serves the Catholic community in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and the part of Berkshire which lies to the north of the river Thames (Slough).
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the Diocesan fundraising plan with principle aim of proactively securing growth of income from charitable trusts, foundations and grant giving bodies.
The office is based in Northampton, however some occasional travel may be necessary, so access to your own vehicle and a full UK driving licence is desirable.
- Lead on the implementation of the fundraising plan through the submission of accurate and appropriate grant making trust applications.
- Keeping up to date with developments in trusts including preferred areas of benefit and application procedures of new trusts formed.
- Scoping and identifying areas of growth within the trusts and grants portfolio.
- Providing regular reports on trust fundraising to the executive board.
- Plan, organise and attend cultivation and stewardship events.
- Ensure all relevant information gathered in the cultivation and stewardship process is logged and reported.
- Analyse fundraising data and produce ad hoc reports as required or requested.
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the executive board to support the mission of the Diocese.
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant experience of trust fundraising in an established charity
- Experience of developing and executing trust fundraising plans including budgeting and delivering against budget
- Experience of building relationships with Trustees and administrators
- Experience of researching trusts and their criteria and targeting applications accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write compelling trust applications
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High-level networking and influencing skills.
- Ability to strategically plan and implement.
- Ability to effectively communicate a case for support both in written copy and in person.
- Able to adapt their style to suit the donor/situation.
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to juggle a range of competing demands and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent written communication skills and good attention to detail.
- Target driven.
- Highly motivated, both personally and to help others.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Socially confident, and well-presented.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Good sense of humour.
- Able to operate with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to attend, where necessary, commitments outside normal office hours.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.