RCS Ltd has received funding to deliver ‘Alliance Project’, a Building Better Opportunities Project funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The project will engage with persons aged 18 plus from the areas of North Hampshire and South West Surrey. The project will be delivered in partnership with Surrey Care Trust.
The post will involve the coordination and day-to-day processess and implementation of the Community Project liaising with the Project Manager in relation Building Better Opportunities Guidelines. They will establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the Alliance Project team and with all beneficiaries of the project, for the purpose of developing and delivering personal and social development and training opportunities for individuals. They will also source additional opportunities for project participants liaising across departments in RCS Ltd and with external agencies/organisations to provide specialist support when required and opportunities for progression.
- To coordinate the Alliance Project liaising with the Project Manager as set out in the project application, Letter of Offer and Alliance Project operational plan. This includes the delivery of all targets and objectives.
- To promote and market the Alliance Project and actively seek out additional opportunities to gain new participants and create a pathway of progression.
- To work in partnership with management, the delivery partners, The National Lottery Community Fund and other organisations delivering Building Better Opportunities to aid monitoring and evaluation processes.
- To ensure accurate recording of all information related to the Alliance Project, produce monthly progress reports against targets and attend management, project partner and multi-agency meetings as required.
- To work with the Project Manager to ensure all guidelines and processes set out by Building Better Opportunities and the Alliance Project are being enforced.
- To work in partnership with the Project Manager and the Verification Manager to ensure that the Alliance Project operates smoothly and functions safely and effectively at all times
- To work with the Project Manager to maintain quality systems and standards into all projects to include: Sustainability Standards in order to ensure the full delivery of Alliance project to all delivery partners, to ensure that all standards and processes are being met for funders
- To perform such other relevant tasks deemed necessary by management to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the organisations action plan
- Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post, the Alliance Project and the evolution of RCS Ltd, as may reasonably be requested by the Head of Department
- Work flexibly on evenings, weekends during quarterly returns
- Undertake training in order to develop work related skills and knowledge.
- Facilitate training with Alliance Project team staff and participants where necessary
- Work with due regard for RCS Ltd core values and objectives
- Ensure the effective implementation of and adherence to, the RCS Ltd policies and procedures
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in RCS Ltd Performance Management and Appraisal process, and agree short, medium and long term goals with line manager, and direct line staff.
- Identify learning and development needs with line manager and evaluate T&D to demonstrate needs have been met.
- Share best practice and achievements, and contribute at opportunities to present outcomes and case studies.
- Contribute to the learning of others across the organisation and across other organisations involved by sharing knowledge and skills both informally and formally.
Status of the Job Description
This job description is not incorporated into the employee’s employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification and it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussion with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to objectives agreed with the line manager.
- Minimum secondary level qualification that the candidate can demonstrate is relevant to the post including GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (e.g. business administration, community development).
- Evidence of the effective day-to-day coordination of projects/projects to ensure the smooth delivery of quality services and performance
- Demonstrable experience of accurate recording of information, production of monthly progress reports against targets and attendance of management and multi-agency meetings as required
- A willingness to be flexible in work patterns and to fulfil evening and weekend duties
- Hold a full license valid in the UK with access to a car for business purposes. This criterion will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to make alternative arrangements.
(Desirable criteria may be used to shortlist applicants, should there be a need to facilitate manageable shortlists)
- A relevant third level qualification (e.g. business management, community development)
- Previous experience of promoting and marketing similar projects and actively seeking out additional opportunities.
- Experience of co-ordinating projects that promote good relations, citizenship and personal development
- Experience of implementing and adhering to compliance procedures
Communication (Oral and Written)
Frequently receives, understands and conveys information which needs careful explanation or interpretation to help others understand, taking into account what to communicate and how best to convey information to others.
Be supportive and encouraging of others in a team; help to build co-operation by setting an example and showing a flexible approach to delivering team results; contribute to building team morale as an active participant in the team.
Deal with internal or external contacts who ask for service or require information; create a positive image of the organisation by being responsive and prompt in responding to requests and referring the user to the right person if necessary. Work within the organisations overall procedures or policies; and understand and explore customer's needs; adapt the service accordingly to ensure the usefulness or appropriateness and quality of service (i.e. content, time, accuracy, level of information, cost).
Decision Making Processes
Take independent decision at appropriate job level, which may endure for some time and impact mainly on/in the work team. Be party to some collaborative decisions which may endure for some time and impact mainly on/in the work team. Provide advice or input to contribute to the team.
Planning and Organising Resources
Plan, prioritise and organise the work or resources of self and others within own area on a daily, weekly or monthly basis; co-ordinate projects, ensuring the effective use of resources; receive information from and provide information to others to complete their planning; monitor progress against the plan.
If you are interested in applying for our wonderful team, please send a cv and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.