Room to Read has experienced tremendous growth since our founding in early 2000 and the Development and Communications Department (DevCom) is responsible for raising the funds necessary to run the organization and implement our high-quality programs. The Global Support Analyst position plays a critical role in supporting the Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO), the Senior Director of International Business Development (SDIBD) and Director of Global Business Operations (DGBO) as well as the full Leadership Team by providing administrative support, streamlining and prioritizing activities and communicating directly with donors. This position provides a combination of day-to-day support to the CDCO, SDIBD and DGBO and will also handle information flow on behalf of the Development and Communications Leadership Team. Based in London, the Global Support Analyst reports to the Director of Global Business Operations (based in San Francisco).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the CDCO, including scheduling, travel (flights, hotels, inter-city transportation), expenses, communications, presentations, database updates, and other needs as and when they arise.
- Proactively assess CDCO’s workload and needs to provide assistance streamlining communication and processes. Help to coordinate their workload to ensure they are able to balance meeting needs with time to handle strategic projects.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the SDIBD, including scheduling, travel (flights, hotels, inter-city transportation), expenses, and other needs as and when they arise.
- Support the CDCO and Director of Global Business Operations in working with the CEO and CEO Team on critical activities including Board of Director materials.
- Support the Director of Global Business Operations on budgeting, revenue, expenses and timekeeping for the full Development and Communications Team.
- Review documents and materials ahead of the CDCO to ensure the CDCO’s review time is spent as efficiently as possible.
- Coordinate global DevCom meetings and DevCom Senior Leadership Team and Extended Leadership Team meetings across multiple international time zones by setting agendas, note-taking, managing recordings and dissemination of meeting using Microsoft Teams, and managing logistical details.
- Coordinate internal resources pertaining to Room to Read’s ten Regional Boards including supporting DevCom staff with database management for Board members.
- Calculate accurate expense reports and Room to Read credit card statements, flagging irregularities and moving the reports through the approval process.
- Support onboarding and training for new DevCom staff at a global level when needed.
- Draft presentations/pitches for corporations, foundations, schools, and prospective donors.
- Coordinate donor correspondence for the CDCO’s donor portfolio, including: personalized acknowledgments, stewardship reports, donor project reports, and other outreach to donors / prospects.
- Assist the Development and Communications Leadership Team in coordinating and preparing for donor meetings and conferences.
- Respond to phone inquiries, decide how best to route questions, and draft responses to or respond to selected email messages at the direction of the CDCO.
- Occasional event and mailing support – coordinating logistics, food, etc.
- Other duties, as required
- A minimum of 1-2+ years of experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- History of dedicated volunteer activity and/or commitment to non-profit organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Results-oriented and strong work ethic
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Experience traveling and/or living internationally or working across cultures
- Experience with fundraising
- Experience using CRM systems, specifically Salesforce or NGOC
Room to Read offers a competitive pay with excellent benefits. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - United Kingdom - London
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.