Rosa is seeking an experienced, efficient, enthusiastic and committed person to fulfil the finance, administration, charity governance role in our small team of five staff. This role has a broad remit and you will be highly motivated and curious to learn, with a genuine interest in supporting a small organisation to run smoothly and efficiently. You will be confident in managing the day to day finances of a charity as well as creating and maintaining an effective filing and data management system. You should have some skills and experience in HR issues within small organisations and ideally have some experience of charity governance. You will be committed to gender equality and social justice. A knowledge of grantmaking is desirable but not essential for this role.
Salary: £32,000 plus employers' pension 6%
Hours: 35 hours
Holidays: 25 days per year
Reporting To: Executive Director
Responsible For: Volunteers/Interns
Location: London N7 (Flexible) Once lockdown measures in London have eased, this role requires at least two days a week in the office, with flexibility available around working hours and working from home.
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter setting out why you want this role and how you meet the person specification below. Please take time over this: strong written communication is a key requirement of this role.
- Manage day to day finances using Xero, ensuring payments are made as scheduled
- Perform all day to day bookkeeping duties using Xero and Excel, providing regular reporting to internal teams and for the Board of Trustees
- Maintain all necessary accounting records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Ensure payments are made as scheduled and processed through the bank
- Respond to general enquiries relating to accounts receivable and payable
- Liaise with the payroll bureau
- Liaise with grantees on payment queries
- Work with non-finance team members to ensure financial information is accurate
- File financial, regulatory and legal information with statutory bodies
- Maintain accurate financial information regarding donations and grants, including sources of donations and Gift Aid
- Assist with annual budgeting
- Assist with annual audit process
- Oversee the Annual Reports and Accounts process
- Create and maintain an effective filing and data management system for the organisation across Microsoft Sharepoint systems
- Ensure external enquiries and general correspondence are well managed including those relating to fundraising, grant making and other matters central to Rosa’s work
- Assist in the organisation of events
- Coordinate the recruitment of staff, contractors, consultants, volunteers and interns
- Maintain Rosa’s staff handbook, ensuring agreed changes are implemented.
- Review and maintain supplier records, (including subscriptions, memberships, insurance etc.)
- Operate at all times within GDPR policies and procedures
- Manage and administer any service contracts including office equipment , cleaning services etc.
- Be the point of contact for matters relating to health and safety and management of the office environment
- Service quarterly Board of Trustee meetings, including collating and formatting of papers and minute taking
- Support the ED to service ad hoc and established Board, committee, and working group meetings as necessary
- Maintain accurate Trustee records,
- Manage information relating to the Charity, including legal documentation required by external bodies
Grant Administration support
- Assist grants staff with administration including organising panel meetings
- Process funding awards, including checking signed funding agreements, updating grantee bank details, processing payment requests from grantees, communicating with grantees about payments and ensuring payment information is up-to-date in the grants database.
- Reconcile information in the grants database (GIFTS) with financial management system (Xero)
- Self motivated and a strong team player
- Confident at communicating appropriately across the organisation and with stakeholders
- Comply with Rosa policies and procedures and assist with reviewing these
- Other additional tasks relating to the role and the smooth running of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bookkeeping ability or experience
- Knowledge of charity finance and regulation
- Demonstrable experience of using cloud-based finance systems such as Xero or Sage (preferably Xero)
- Proven experience in office administration
- Knowledge of HR administration processes within a small team
- Excellent organisational skills including attention to detail, record keeping and data management
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and multi-task
- Good written communication skills, including accurate minute taking
- Strong verbal communication skills able to communicate with confidence, tact and clarity with a range of individuals and groups in a variety of settings
- Ability to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills especially of Microsoft Office and Sharepoint system
- Ability to manage interns or volunteers
- Professional (bookkeeping or accounting) qualification (AAT/IAB/ACCA/CIMA) (completed or in process)
- Experience in charity governance, particularly servicing a Board of Trustees and associated Committees
- Knowledge of grantmaking
- A wholehearted commitment to equality, diversity and Rosa’s values
- A can-do attitude and openness to learning and development
- Occasional unsocial hours required
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 19th April online via Zoom or Teams. Please indicate your availability for these dates.
Candidates must be based in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.