The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is the leading welfare charity supporting current and former members of the RAF, their partners, and families, providing practical, emotional and financial support, whenever they need us.
This is an exciting and genuinely unique opportunity for an individual with experience in PR to work in a small but dynamic Communications team. As our PR Executive, you will be responsible for writing and selling in press releases to the media, creating engaging content for multiple channels and liaising with stakeholders.
In order to be successful, you will have:
- Experience in answering daily media and PR enquiries and drafting content
- Proven track record of generating regional and national press coverage
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and how they can be activated
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders within a multi-platform PR campaign
- Experience of measuring, evaluating and analysing relevant metrics for PR and media channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic.
A detailed job profile is available below and on the Fund’s website. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Anna Ramsey, PR Manager.
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for this role and providing examples of how you meet the person specification to, Pete Thompson, Head of HR, RAF Benevolent Fund, 67 Portland Place, W1B 1AR or via email.
The closing date for applications is Friday 05 August 2022 at 5.00pm. Please note that interviews will be held as we receive applications. Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
A copy of the Fund’s Candidate Privacy Notice can be found on our website. As an equal opportunities employer, the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join the Fund.
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is a Registered Charity (No. 10810090).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.