RAF Projects Manager
Circa £43,000 - £45,000 pa salary and benefits
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is the RAF’s leading welfare charity. The Welfare Directorate is responsible for understanding and meeting the social welfare needs of those in the RAF Family, from those currently serving in the RAF and their families through to veterans of all ages. This is achieved through the delivery of a wide range of services, initiatives and programmes which last year helped over 53,000 individuals.
We are seeking an individual who is experienced in managing projects and people, with knowledge and experience of the serving RAF community. Working for the Head of Strategy & Programmes, the post holder will be responsible for managing and implementing a range of welfare projects and initiatives within the RAF, including a network of staff and initiatives to enhance social engagement and mental wellbeing on stations. The successful candidate will have recent experience working within or with the RAF, with knowledge of community and social issues, as well as strong people management and IT skills. The role requires regular travel across the UK to RAF Stations, with an office base in London.
A detailed job profile is available on the Fund’s website. To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you believe you are suitable for this role and how you meet the person specification to Pete Thompson, HR Manager, RAF Benevolent Fund, 67 Portland Place, London W1B 1AR or email.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 18th November 2019.
Please note interviews will take place on Monday 25th November 2019.
Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.
The Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund is a Registered Charity (No. 1081009) which encourages applications from all sections of the community
MAIN SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Responsibility for managing and implementing a range of social welfare projects and initiatives within the RAF.
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of projects, grants programmes and the implementation of services across the RAF, including the production of project plans, policies, post-project evaluation reports and implementing measuring outcomes systems to gauge effectiveness over time.
- Line manage RAF projects staff, setting objectives, allocating projects and grants work and overseeing the delivery of these.
- Manage the Social Engagement Worker scheme within the RAF community, line managing a team of Social Engagement Workers based remotely across the UK, setting objectives and overseeing the achievement and reporting of these.
- Research the feasibility of projects and initiatives, both small and large, and produce written evidence and options papers for consideration by senior management.
- Compile and provide statistics and reports across the Welfare & Policy directorate as required.
- Work closely with the Fund’s fundraisers in submitting applications for external funding for projects.
- Represent the organisation at meetings and events with the RAF and external organisations as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the job as requested by Director of Welfare & Policy or Head of Strategy & Programmes.
- Progressive professional development through identified training opportunities and programmes.
A minimum of three A-levels grades A – C, or equivalent
Degree or RAF equivalent
Knowledge / Experience
Significant experience in successfully implementing and managing the delivery of multiple projects or services
Knowledge and experience of working within the RAF
Experience of managing people and allocating work
Knowledge of social welfare issues
Experience of managing contracts
Excellent IT knowledge
Experience of working within the charity sector
Experience of working with social welfare issues and associated organisations
Experience of working within a case management system
Experience of budget management
Experience of the CARE system
Experience in developing and managing grants programmes
Leading and Supervising – providing others with clear direction, motivating and empowering, and setting appropriate standards of behaviour
Relating and Networking - establishing good relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and external contacts, relating well to people at all levels
Planning and Organising – managing time effectively, meeting deadlines and prioritising workload
Presenting and Communicating Information – speaking clearly and fluently, expressing key points, projecting credibility and undertaking presentations with skill and confidence
Writing and Reporting – writing clearly and succinctly, in a well-structured and logical way
Deciding and Initiating Action – taking initiative, working under own direction and taking responsibility where appropriate
Working With People – working well as part of a team and supporting others
Learning and Researching – gathering comprehensive information, demonstrating understanding and managing knowledge
Analysing – analysing data and information, making rational judgements and analyses
Adapting and Responding to Change – demonstrating flexibility in adapting to changing circumstances, accepting new ideas
Adhering to Principles and Values – upholding ethics/values, demonstrating integrity and promoting and defending equal opportunities.
Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives – accepting and tackling goals with enthusiasm and demonstrating a strong work ethic
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.