We have a fantastic opportunity for a Public Events Manager to join our dynamic events team based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £28,757.74 per annum.
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two sister sites at London and Midlands. Our purpose is to share the RAF story, past, present and future - using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inform and inspire. Our Vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives.
Purpose of the Public Events Manager role:
The principle purpose of the Museum Public Events Manager role will be to lead the development of our public events programme for their site and all aspects of its implementation. The post holder will work closely with the Head of Events and Catering to develop our Pubic Events strategy and how it is applied into the relevant location. This will include responsibility for all aspects of event planning, delivery and management, all key partner development and management, all audience development and evaluation and all events budgeting and commercial performance.
Key responsibilities of our Public Events Manager include:
- Working with the Head of Events and Catering to develop our Public Events strategy, that articulates the long-term objectives of the programme across all Museum sites and audience groups.
- Leading the development of the annual public events to plan for London, this plan will provide a schedule for each event that comprises the programme and outlines our key commercial and visitor experience goals for each event.
- Leading the implementation of the public events programme at London. This will include taking responsibility for the management of major public events and the delegation of selected elements of the programme to the Public Events Executive, where appropriate.
- Taking lead responsibility for the management and development of 1 FTE. This will include all aspects of objective and appraisal setting and the development of all training and development objectives.
- Taking lead responsibility for the management of the Public Events Volunteers, working with our Volunteering team to develop the team.
- Working closely with the Operations and Visitor Experience team to deliver events, this will include staff briefings for events and training to deliver activities.
- Taking lead responsibility for the development of all post event analytics and their dissemination to key stakeholders around the Museum. This will include working closely with the Campaigns and Digital Marketing teams to ensure event analytics are effectively integrated into our wider Audience Development Plan.
- Working closely with the Marketing and PR department to develop marketing plans for events, design work and copy. This will also require ensuring that all tickets for public events are 3 effectively loaded onto the system and that we have an effective marketing strategy supporting each major event.
What we are looking for in our ideal Public Events Manager:
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working within a busy public events function, ideally in a museum or attraction.
- Demonstrable and proven management level experience.
- Strong project or event management skills.
- Experience managing budgets
- Confidently engages with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Motivates and provides confidence to team members, allowing them to utilise their skills and knowledge and act with a relevant level of autonomy.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15th June 2022
Interviews will take place on Thursday 23rd June 2022
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of this exciting journey, please click apply now to be re-directed to our jobs page where you can access the application method and details for the Public Events Manager role. Join us in delivering our purpose and achieving our vision, ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations. We would love to hear from you.