We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Public Events Manager to join us based at our Cosford site. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary of £28,000 per annum.
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two public sites at London and Cosford. RAF Museum Enterprises Ltd is the trading arm of the RAF Museum with all profits gift-aided to the Museum to support our charitable activities.
Our vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives. Our purpose is to share the story of the Royal Air Force, past, present and future – using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inspire and encourage learning.
About the role:
As our Public Events Manager, the purpose of your role will be to lead the development of our public events programme for the site and all aspects of its implementation. You will work closely with the Head of Events and Catering to develop our Pubic Events strategy and how it is applied into the relevant location.
This will include responsibility for all aspects of event planning, delivery and management, key partner development and management, audience development and evaluation and events budgeting and commercial performance.
Key responsibilities of our Public Events Manager include:
- Work with Head of Events and Catering to develop our Public Events strategy, that articulates the long-term objectives of the programme across all Museum sites and audience groups
- Lead the development of the annual public events plan for Cosford
- Lead the implementation of the public events programme at Cosford
- Take lead responsibility for the management and development of 1 FTE
- Take lead responsibility for the management of the Public Events Volunteers, working with our Volunteering team to develop the team
- Work closely with the Operations and Visitor Experience team to deliver events, this will include staff briefings for events and training to deliver activities
- Take lead responsibility for the development of all post event analytics and their dissemination to key stakeholders around the Museum
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing department to develop marketing plans for events, design work and copy
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all compliance and procedure documentation is produced for events, including evacuation procedures, risk assessments and inductions
- Take lead responsibility for the delivery of all financial targets for the public events programme at Cosford
- Act as key strategy public events stakeholder at selected internal and external groups, such as ALVA and the Museums Association
What we are looking for in our ideal Public Events Manager:
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communications skills are essential requirements as is a high level of client service
- You will be creative, intuitive, highly organised, flexible and pro-active
- Demonstrable and proven experience of working within a busy public events function
- Demonstrable and proven management level experience
- Strong project or event management skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Can communicate in a straightforward manner, demonstrating respect and acting with integrity and impartiality
- Is open and inviting of the views of others and is confident in constructively challenging views and proposals
- You will be required to work weekends, early mornings, evenings and occasionally overnight as necessary
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20th February 2020
Interviews will take place on: Tuesday 3rd March 2020
Please click apply now to be re-directed to our jobs page where you can access the application method and details for the Public Events Manager role. Join us in delivering our purpose and achieving our vision, ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations. We would love to hear from you.