This role will be working within our Services team delivering effective Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) services to Deaf people in line with quality standards, contractual requirements and organisational values, empowering Deaf people to live independently. We offer training and generous pension contributions to the right candidate.
Essential skills required for the post are;
- Deaf or fluent in British Sign Language (minimum BSL level 3 equivalent)
- Advice qualification - IAG Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Safeguarding Adults training
- Experience of working in deaf adult services
- Experience of delivery advice services/projects across a regional geographical area
- Experience of working toward performance related outcomes/targets
- Working within advice quality standard framework e.g AQS
- Promoting Services through strong links with the Deaf community and an understanding of marketing
- Effective communication skills
- Diplomacy and sensitivity in handling difficult situations and conflict
- IT skills involving MS Office and databases
- Ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the audience
- Knowledge of difficulties and barriers facing deaf people
This post is subjecty to two references and an enhanced DBS check. Both have to be satisfactory to RAD.
Closing date for applications: 23rd June 2020
Interviews to be held on: 2nd July 2020 (first stage interviews may take place on Zoom).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.