To apply for this role you must be a native user of sign language or minimum BSL (British sign language) Level 3.
This role is based either at our London office (Liverpool Street area) or home based (must be commutable to London).
We are looking to appoint an information officer to deliver effective information, advice and wellbeing support to deaf people, via a variety of medium including our live-chat facility. Creating and managing an information bank; compiling relevant and topical information in a variety of formats.
We offer life assurance benefit and generous pension contributions to the right candidate.
Essential requirements are:
- Experience of working with deaf people
- Experience of delivery information or advice services
- Experience of working towards performance related outcomes/targets and providing associated reporting
- Promoting services through strong links with the deaf community
- Experience of providing information and advice in a professional capacity
- Effective communication skills
- Diplomacy and sensitivity in handling difficult situations and conflict
- IT skills involving MS Office and databases
- Ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the audience
- Empathy and understanding of barriers faced by deaf people including when accessing health and other services
- Must be prepared to undergo an enhanced DBS check, have a flexible approach to work and be willing to undertake mental health training
Application forms will need to be completed and information relating to this will be sent on Tuesday 25th August to interested candidates.
This post is subject to two references and an enhanced DBS check. Both have to be satisfactory to RAD.
Closing date: Monday 31st August 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 9th September 2020 (Interviews will be held in London or on Zoom)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.