This is a great opportunity for someone to join a globally renowned brand, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. The role sits as part of the Foundation directorate, which is responsible for driving revenue in fundraising and membership for the organisation. The main responsibilities will be writing and delivering marketing plans and campaigns, developing marketing material, working with internal colleagues and external agencies to develop advertising campaigns to drive income and managing a team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and shaping Foundation marketing at RBG, Kew.
The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (RBG Kew) is a leading plant science institute, UNESCO World Heritage Site, and major visitor attraction. Our mission is to understand and protect plants and fungi for the well-being of people and the future of all life on Earth.
We are working to end the unprecedented extinction crisis and to help create a world where nature is protected, valued by all and managed sustainably. We will achieve these goals by drawing on our leading scientific research, unrivalled collections of plants and fungi, global network of partners, inspirational gardens at Kew and Wakehurst, and our 260 years of history.
Join us on our journey as protectors of the world’s plants and fungi.
Experience and attributes necessary:
- Successfully lead marketing activity and developed marketing plans, ideally, within a membership, charity or not-for-profit sector
- Developed processes to improve marketing workflows and project managed the delivery of material
- Ability to think strategically and identify solutions to business challenges
- Ability to interpret corporate strategy and produce plans to meet budget targets
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to present insight in a fluent and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to influence and collaborate
Our fantastic benefits package includes opportunities for continuous learning, a generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance, an Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing support such as cycle to work scheme and discounted gym membership. We also offer a competitive pension, an employee discount scheme and free entry into a wide range of national museums and galleries, as well access to our own beautiful gardens at Kew and Wakehurst.
If you are interested in this position, please visit our website for more information and to apply.
Closing Date: 26/09/2021
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post.
No agencies please.