Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £39,796 - £48,417 per year
Location: WC1X, London
The postholder will be responsible for managing and developing RCPCH Global programmatic work in Sierra Leone and other developing country regions (as required)
In this role, you will:
- Manage all aspects of the current DFID/IRC, UNICEF and Jersey Overseas Aid Commission-funded RCPCH quality improvement programmes in Sierra Leone.
- Oversee implementation of programme(s), including delivery of programme activities within agreed timeframe.
- Lead on programme reporting to donor(s) as well as wider donor liaison. Lead on liaison with local programme counterparts and stakeholders in the field, including through regular field visits
- Manage financial and budgetary aspects of relevant programmes within RCPCH financial systems and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure effective working relationships with key stakeholders to manage programmatic developments
- Contribute to development of overall RCPCH Global strategy.
- Excellent project/programme management skills and experience and successful track record in a relevant international/ development management or implementation role
- Experience of budget management and financial reporting, including to bilateral and multilateral donors
- Ability to prioritise competing demands and meeting deadlines
- Experience managing donor-funded projects/programmes and donor reporting, including e.g. DFID, Unicef
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation processes and in analysis of quantitative and qualitative data for wider dissemination/publication
- Previous experience of successfully managing international health and/or development programmes in low-income settings, including supporting field-programme teams both remotely and in the field.
- Experience of dealing with international programme stakeholders, including government counterparts, NGOs, UN partners, donors etc.
Closing date: Monday 16th December 2019, 12:00
Interview: Thursday 19th December 2019
No agencies please
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health is a Disability Confident and Stonewall Champion Employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.