CLI358 - Network Involvement and Engagement Manager
Full time 35 hours a week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary Band: Grade 5, £32,095- £35,993 per annum
For this role, appointments are usually made at £32,095 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
About the role
Using your extensive skills and experience, this is a career-defining opportunity for you to develop and support thriving networks that will be instrumental in our goal to maintain and connect the RCP’s work with our Patient Carer Network and to build new communities and networks for physicians and trainees.
You will manage the Royal College of Physicians’ Patient Carer Network and the Patient Involvement Unit. You will work across the RCP to promote patient involvement and ensure patients’ perspectives and experiences drive everything we do. You’ll manage and expand our network of over 60 volunteers, promoting diversity and inclusion and identify innovative new ways to engage patients, carers and the public in our work, whether it’s influencing national policy or improving local services.
You will use your extensive facilitation and engagement skills to establish and build networks and communities of practice for two other groups:
- chief registrar alumni (consisting of trainee physicians who have graduated from the RCP flagship leadership development programme)
- quality improvement faculty (consisting of trained healthcare professionals who support education, coaching and delivery of quality improvement in healthcare services across the country).
- You are passionate about improving patient experience, health and healthcare
- You are an excellent communicator with experience in volunteer management working with patient and other public groups
- You can explain the complex, simply
- You find innovative ways to engage people, drawing on your knowledge of approaches to public participation and engagement
- You understand the importance of good volunteer management and are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion
- You love pulling together a clear plan and working with others to make it a reality
- You enjoy working strategically in a fast-paced environment.
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is a patient-centred and clinically led membership organisation for physicians, with over 40,000 members worldwide. Our dynamic Patient and Carer Network (PCN) is made up of over 60 patients and carers from across the UK. The RCP works to ensure that physicians are trained to provide high-quality care and promotes evidence-based policies to government to encourage healthy lifestyles and reduce illness. We are keen to ensure that we harness the expertise of our alumni and fellows and members supporting them to participate in the college’s work and to enable them to drive improvement in services and patient outcomes.
By working in partnership with other health organisations, we present a powerful and unified voice to improve health and healthcare.
- 35-hour working week and first class pension scheme
- Flexible working
- generous 29 days annual leave package, plus statutory holidays (full time)
- Computershare childcare vouchers
- corporate membership rate at local gym
- season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme (after probation)
For more information about the role and our benefits, please view the jobs description and person specification.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and supporting statement.
Closing date: 27th January 2022
Interview date: 17th & 24th February 2022. Interviews will be conducted via Teams
The RCP positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The RCP is all about our people – our members, our staff, our volunteers and leaders. We educate, influence and collaborate to improve health and healthcare for everyone and know we can only do this by being inclusive, encouraging and celebrating diverse perspectives. That’s why welcoming and having people who represent the 21st-century medical workforce and the diverse population of patients we serve is so important to us.