BI Development Team Leader
Vincent Square, London, SW1P 2PE
About the RHS
Our vision is ‘To enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK greener and more beautiful place’. We believe everyone in every village, town and city should benefit from growing plants to enhance lives, build stronger, healthier, happier communities and create better places to live. As well as being an organisation with a strong sense of purpose now is an exciting time to work at the RHS with unprecedented levels of investment being made into the future of Horticulture over the next 10 years. This investment ranges from a brand new garden in the North West and improvements in our current gardens across the UK to upgrading our core systems and focussing on Customer Relationship Management and data quality as the bedrock of that.
About the role
We are committed to managing our data well, complying with current and new data legislation and upholding the trust that our members and customers have in the RHS when they give us personal information. The BI Development Team Leader position is a new role; to lead on the implementation of a data warehouse with Power BI tools for the RHS.
This includes improving information governance across the organisation by standardising reference data sets.
We are seeking a BI development Team Leader to build and maintain a data warehouse and open this data to the wider RHS staff. Taking into account the quality, integrity and compliance of data across the RHS Databases. This is a hands on role where you are required to develop with your team.
You will assist in the implementation of MS Power BI tools and strategies that will help the organisation to achieve its longer-term ambitions.
There will be the possibility of evolving the role into the development of a single view of the customer, Master Data Management and the creation of data marts.
Your Main Duties:
- Working closely with the Head of IT and Data Owners you will build a vision of Business Intelligence within the RHS and plan a strategy for its successful adoption including capacity planning.
- Carry out successful and error free database programming and deployment of IT development projects, data and reporting.
- Provide estimates and agree schedules with the business and project managers.
- Day to day coordination of the BI team and their work together with our PMO to meet tight deadlines.
- People management of your team (appraisals, objectives, holiday etc.)
- Maintain database documentation, including standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
· Educated to degree level
· Good clear verbal communicator
· Able to summarise and provide clear written communications and materials
· Demonstrable interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong BI data warehouse and development skills
· Practical, output driven hands-on approach to programming
· Ability to analyse options to best determine solutions independently
· Hands on experience 5+ years of :
a. Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2016 installation and configuration
b. T-SQL including the use of stored procedures, functions, tables, triggers and views
c. Supporting High Availability environments
d. Troubleshooting and optimising databases and queries (Dynamic Management Views, Profiler, Perfmon)
e. Maintaining and programming in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
f. AGILE knowledge and experience - formal certification preferred
· Hands on experience 3+ years of :
a. CRM - Have worked and interfaced with CRM applications (Dynamics CRM, Salesforce or CARE)
b. Reporting solutions –developed, maintained, supported business, financial, statistical, management information reports, including charts, graphical elements to a high level of data and visual quality
c. Dashboard solutions – developed, maintained and supported the creation of dashboard panels, their data and filters therein delivered in either a custom delivery software package or PowerBI, Targit, Qlikview
· Hands on experience of :
a. Cloud technologies: Setting up and running virtual database servers and solutions using hosted, hybrid or cloud suppliers (Ms Azure preferable)
b. Good understanding of database communication protocols and data security transfer methodologies
c. GDPR and data protection – good understanding
d. APIs –Working with REST APIs and Microservice frameworks
1. Non-relational databases NoSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB
2. Knowledge of encryption end-to-end, at-rest, in-transit and anonymization
3. Technical knowledge and practical experience of building and supporting:
a. Large (1TB+) databases
b. Virtualised (VMWare) SQL Servers in HA
c. Data Warehousing
4. Azure SQL Database/AWS RDS
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Closing date 6th September 2019