Schools and Groups Digital Engagement Officer
£30,000 per annum
Wisley, Woking, Surrey GU23 6QB
(Home based initially and then based at RHS Garden Wisley, Surrey, or at our London office near Victoria with travel to Wisley at least twice a week).
We’re looking for a digital communications professional to join the RHS Schools and Groups team and manage our website content, social media channels and key digital communications such as our newsletters.
For more than 210 years the Royal Horticultural Society has been the force behind the nation’s gardening. Our charitable purpose is to inspire passion and excellence in the science, art and practice for horticulture. Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. As a charity, the RHS aims to inspire a wide range of audiences by demonstrating the wonders of gardening through all that we do including gardens and shows, in our publications and online, and through our work in the community.
Working closely with our Senior Communications Officer and Communications Officer, you will use our digital channels and platforms effectively to bring key initiatives to life, increase engagement with audiences, and help tell the stories of the people we work with through inspiring and unique ways.
We’re looking for someone with experience in creating exciting or innovative digital communications that have successfully increased engagement with audiences and who can manage multiple channels at once. The successful candidate will have experience in using insights and analytics to monitor engagement, help tailor content for different channels and develop future communications.
This exciting and dynamic role sits in our passionate Schools and Groups team and will manage the digital aspects of our work across three core areas:
- The RHS Campaign for School Gardening – our national school’s programme inspiring young people to grow
- Britain in Bloom – an amazing force of volunteers that clean and green our towns, cities and villages across the UK
- Our national Outreach Team – providing hands-on support to schools and groups so they can fully feel the amazing benefits of gardening.
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) is committed to being an inclusive employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
The RHS provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
- Free access to all RHS Gardens, Shows and Libraries
- Employee discounts including airport parking, hotels, retail and gym membership
- 25 days holiday (increasing 28 and 30 with service) and option to buy/sell
- Monthly Garden Magazine and access to Horticultural advice
- Sponsorship for External Studies
It’s never been more exciting time to join the Royal Horticultural Society. We are making a landmark £160 million investment in the future of horticulture over the next 10 years. This will allow us to bring the joy of gardening to millions more people and make some of the most significant and exciting changes in the history. Join us and be part of the history.
Closing date for applications is 21st April 2021.